1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I snapped a few pics to send to mom.
IMG_1696.JPG

IMG_1708.JPG

These Dwarf Azalea bloom almost year-round.
IMG_1697.JPG

IMG_1698.JPG

Mrs.FW want's me to fine out what these are(in large clay pot). She'd like a few in the grown beds.
IMG_1699.JPG

Liriope(border grass)
lines the walkway to the Arbor.
IMG_1700.JPG

IMG_1701.JPG

Freshly refurbished beds around the Arbor.
IMG_1702.JPG

IMG_1703.JPG

Mrs.FW reminded me yesterday, the fountain need another pump.
IMG_1705.JPG

IMG_1706.JPG

The Vitex is fully bloomed.
IMG_1707.JPG

I filled the bird feeder while I was out there.
IMG_1704.JPG

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Looks great and peaceful, flyweight. Also great for family, granddaughters, and friends. Just a good place to hang out and drink a beer or two.:thumbup1gif:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,695 Posts
Looks great and peaceful, flyweight. Also great for family, granddaughters, and friends. Just a good place to hang out and drink a beer or two.:thumbup1gif:
I'd do that. :thumbup1gif:

Nice flyweight. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
12,256 Posts
Very nice FW, ilmo beat me too the beer but I'll beat him back by bringing a 30 pack :lol:

·
Registered
837 Posts
You have a beautiful property FW. I was wondering though, is that a dog or a wooki on the porch in the first picture?

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You have a beautiful property FW. I was wondering though, is that a dog or a wooki on the porch in the first picture?
That's Emi(a Pomeranian). I thing she was after a flea, or something; and contorted herself to get at it. :laugh:
I noticed her awkward position before posting the pic, but figured, what the heck............. It does look funny. :lol:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Beautiful :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Very nice my friend. Looks so peaceful and relaxing. Take time and enjoy it.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Mrs.FW and I finally finished setting the new plants and shrubs in the front flowerbeds. All that's left to do, is spread a layer of wood mulch over the soil to keep it from drying out so fast.
IMG_1783.JPG

IMG_1784.JPG

She decided to go with the Black Mulch this year, instead of the Pine Straw. I'll be picking up a few bags this morning after Sunday Services.
742786902665.jpg

I'll be replacing the green metal edging also. It's been in a few fights with the ZT and lost them all. :mocking: I can't remember how long it's been there, but it has to go. We're thinking of using Brick, or Stone. Maybe something to match the brick edging on the porch. :dunno:

IMG_1782.JPG

IMG_1785.JPG

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,695 Posts
I'll be replacing the green metal edging also. It's been in a few fights with the ZT and lost them all. :mocking: I can't remember how long it's been there, but it has to go. We're thinking of using Brick, or Stone. Maybe something to match the brick edging on the porch. :dunno:
Perfect, IMO.

·
Registered
21,170 Posts
Your thread has caused me to think about things Michael - maybe it wouldn’t be so bad for us to live on a smaller lot in/near town somewhere. I know I have a lot of frustration going on right now because of all my storm cleanup.

How big is your property? As I am outside working the past few days I imagine working on maybe 1-2 acres and how much easier it would be to keep up with and have the time and ability to make it look nice like you have demonstrated.

The thing that scares me the most is the possibility of neighbors.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your thread has caused me to think about things Michael - maybe it wouldn’t be so bad for us to live on a smaller lot in/near town somewhere. I know I have a lot of frustration going on right now because of all my storm cleanup.

How big is your property? As I am outside working the past few days I imagine working on maybe 1-2 acres and how much easier it would be to keep up with and have the time and ability to make it look nice like you have demonstrated.

The thing that scares me the most is the possibility of neighbors.
I've got 2 acres here. Not too bad to take care of, if that's all I had to do. A lot of the things I do to maintain my property, I bring upon myself. Sometimes I wish I only had 1 acre, or less.

Our last place was only 3/4 acre. On a Saturday, the wife and I could mow and trim the lawn, wash both of our vehicles, and be finished for noon. It was so nice to have the rest of the weekend free to do whatever we wanted to do.

As for my neighbors, I have no real problems to speak of. I'm the oldest person in our little neighborhood, and they seem to respect me when I tell them how things should be/need to be. I tell them I want to be treated the way I treat them. We all have to live together and respect one another.
They might calling me the Neighborhood Nazi :dunno: behind my back. :mocking:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts
These Dwarf Azalea bloom almost year-round.
View attachment 614330
Your place looks great! :bigthumb:

I need to ask, do the Azalea'a need a lot of sun shine? Under our patio doesn't get sun shine and I'd love to have them there. Wife mentioned that she'd like some bushes under there. With no sun shine I don't know what to plant that would live.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Levi said:
do the Azalea'a need a lot of sun shine? Under our patio doesn't get sun shine and I'd love to have them there. Wife mentioned that she'd like some bushes under there.
They do not require direct sunlight. They can bare direct sunlight for a few hours. The ones I posted that bloom often don’t receive direct sunlight from late Spring to mid Autumn. They do well under pine trees because they like acidic soil. If not under, or near pine trees, pine bark mulch should be used as a cover. We use pine needles as a cover when planted under other species of trees.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts