Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a Wallenstein backhoe as mentioned above. The controls are shot. I don’t know much about them but at a quick glance it looks like the joysticks are pulling balls attached to cables but the eyelets are not holding the balls anymore. Don’t use it that much but I have some projects ahead. I’ve contacted the closest wallenstein dealer but heard nothing back. It looks like all their stuff is proprietary and you have to order through a dealer. Not a ton available online other than manuals. Seems wallenstein is even more tight lipped than John Deere. I’m hoping to purchase a rebuild kit for it. Anyone ever do anything like this? Are rebuild kits for backhoe controls pretty common?
Johnny

·
Super Moderator
8,523 Posts
Some photos might be helpful. I'd wager a bet that the eyelets as you describe them are probably some stock hardware items and not necessarily proprietary.

I had some issues with the stock heim joints on my JD 485 backhoe controls. The OEM joints were stamped, pressed steel and the internal threads loosened up. I replaced all of them with high quality, machined heim joints sourced from McMaster-Carr. Ordered the correct size and had them in a couple of days. That was a few years ago and we've been A-ok.

Shoot us some photos and we'll do our best to assist.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts