Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 260 John deere backhoe and now looking for some buckets. Please contact with what you have and price. This will need to be close to NH or shipped. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
2,778 Posts
Have you looked at the Bxpanded line of products for the 260 BH? I've got their trencher bucket, ripper, and quick change. JD buckets are more expensive and more rare, as far as someone selling them.

Reactions: USAFRet

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. I am looking at BX but they don't seem to have any discounts. I wanted to buy 5 items for about $1800 plus 135 shipping. So I thought maybe someone on here had some things. If I don't find anything then I will most likely go with them. I was hoping they shipped for free if you ordered a number of items at one time. (Titan doesn't have what I need so no luck but I got a rake and forks and free shipping and that was nice. )

Reactions: kylew

·
Administrator
18,751 Posts
There is no such thing as "Free" shipping, you paid it.

·
Super Moderator
2,778 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I am looking at BX but they don't seem to have any discounts. I wanted to buy 5 items for about $1800 plus 135 shipping. So I thought maybe someone on here had some things. If I don't find anything then I will most likely go with them. I was hoping they shipped for free if you ordered a number of items at one time. (Titan doesn't have what I need so no luck but I got a rake and forks and free shipping and that was nice. )
If you're looking at getting that much stuff at once, dollar wise, get a hold of them. Maybe they'll do something for you. Maybe offer to buy all 5 things at $1800 if they pay the shipping. Worth a shot.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)
If you're looking at getting that much stuff at once, dollar wise, get a hold of them. Maybe they'll do something for you. Maybe offer to buy all 5 things at $1800 if they pay the shipping. Worth a shot.
First I do understand nothing is for free lol. I might just send them an email I guess it cant hurt. I was looking at doing this all at once. the dolly, ripper, quick change with extra pin, bucket and tumb. Maybe I should only get the bucket or something to start.

·
Super Moderator
2,778 Posts
I suggest the dolly should be at the top of the list. Makes connecting/disconnecting so much easier.
But yeah, get a hold of them and see what they say. Curious as to what they'd do. Tell them they could get more business from the members of GTT if they could offer something. Maybe free shipping on orders over $500, for example.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I found this on eBay tonight - eBay # 174063202509. 16 inch buckets on eBay, still 6 available for $375 each. He has them listed as a 270A bucket, but as far as I know they fit the 260 also since the bucket part numbers on the John Deere site are the same for both backhoes. I know that the between the tab measurement and the pin size are the same as my 260. He doesn't show a measurement for the pin spacing. Maybe one of the more experienced members with a backhoe can chime in here if it is indeed the same bucket for both? I bought one for my backhoe, offered him $350 and he accepted. After receiving a quote for a 16 inch bucket today from my local dealer of $546, $400 is a good deal if it works. He states in the description that the buckets are new with paint wear. I'll let GTT know how I make out when I get it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found this on eBay tonight - eBay # 174063202509. 16 inch buckets on eBay, still 6 available for $375 each. He has them listed as a 270A bucket, but as far as I know they fit the 260 also since the bucket part numbers on the John Deere site are the same for both backhoes. I know that the between the tab measurement and the pin size are the same as my 260. He doesn't show a measurement for the pin spacing. Maybe one of the more experienced members with a backhoe can chime in here if it is indeed the same bucket for both? I bought one for my backhoe, offered him $350 and he accepted. After receiving a quote for a 16 inch bucket today from my local dealer of $546, $400 is a good deal if it works. He states in the description that the buckets are new with paint wear. I'll let GTT know how I make out when I get it.
That is great. Hope some of our GTT members can tell me if it is the same or not. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,778 Posts
Yeah, the buckets are interchangeable between 260, 260B, 270A, 270B and the 370B. I verified the 260 & 270 series in JD Parts are the same. BXPanded also includes the 370B, but I didn't verify that one in JD Parts.

Reactions: USAFRet

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, the buckets are interchangeable between 260, 260B, 270A, 270B and the 370B. I verified the 260 & 270 series in JD Parts are the same. BXPanded also includes the 370B, but I didn't verify that one in JD Parts.
Thanks I ordered one for $350 delivered. This group is so helpful to everyone! Thanks Marx & Kylew!

·
Super Moderator
2,778 Posts
I believe I mentioned this in another thread at one time but just in case, watch out for shims when you take off the (original) bucket. When I took mine off to install the BX Quick Coupler, I didn't know they were there and they fell out. Then when I put the quick coupler on, I didn't need to use all of them. I think it was 3 per pin that came out and I only needed 2 per pin with the QC, maybe 1. The opening of the QC was a little less. The shim is there to take up any slop between the QC or bucket and the linkage/dipperstick. Once you get the QC on, you don't need any shims between it and the attachment (bucket/ripper).

The shim is #3 in this picture.

Reactions: Marx1025R

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What about if you ordered the quick change from Bxexpanded?

·
Super Moderator
2,778 Posts
That's what I was talking about, when I installed the QC I got from BXpanded.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's what I was talking about, when I installed the QC I got from BXpanded.
Thanks I have not installed the BH yet and it doesn't have a bucket attached. That's why I was confused lol. Thanks Again for the help

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am having good luck finding buckets of Facebook Market Place, I just picked up a new 16" bucket for $350 from a dealer in NY and found another guy in Vermont who has new 8" Buckets for $250, he is thinking it will be $60 to ship it to me in Ohio. Message me if you want his contact info.. I m leaning towards passing on the 8" and just getting the 6" Trenching BX Bucket

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Today, 18 days after I ordered, the bucket off of eBay arrived. It was as expected and it does indeed fit the 260 backhoe. The only ding I will give the seller is that he didn't provide a tracking number. Since I am signed up with the post office for what they called "Informed Delivery", I got the tracking number when I got my daily email on the 26th of January. I would have contacted him if I didn't get the tracking number from the post office. This took a lot longer to arrive than I expected. Not the seller's fault, but USPS took 7 days to move the package from Waupun, WI to Chicago, IL. I checked on Google and it is a 2 hour and 45 minute drive. After that it hit, what I figure is, every USPS distribution center (3 in all) from Chicago to here. Pictures...
IMG_1114.jpg IMG_1115.jpg IMG_1116.jpg IMG_1124.jpg

Reactions: OxPath and kylew

·
Super Moderator
2,778 Posts
That's good to know. Thanks for the verification Mark ?

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Kyle ,

Thank you for your assistance with this and the warning about the shims! Of course I forgot about them until they dropped on the floor, but at least I knew what they were when I saw them!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts