Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Cab 3520. Called my jd salesman saturday morning and to send me qoute.
He has not sent it yet. I will call him monday morning.
When i called for qoute, I was unaware of my options. I see now that they offered 370 backhoe for my series tractor back then. Now i see they have 375a and 385. IS the 370 still available new? i would rather 375a or 385. I want to be able to lift the back of the machine to manuever myself. What is he gona send me qoute for? Also, sub frame is a must. Do they all come with subframe?
Thanks for your time

·
Registered
2013 4120 eHydro, 400x, 448 backhoe
108 Posts
I have Cab 3520. Called my jd salesman saturday morning and to send me qoute.
He has not sent it yet. I will call him monday morning.
When i called for qoute, I was unaware of my options. I see now that they offered 370 backhoe for my series tractor back then. Now i see they have 375a and 385. IS the 370 still available new? i would rather 375a or 385. I want to be able to lift the back of the machine to manuever myself. What is he gona send me qoute for? Also, sub frame is a must. Do they all come with subframe?
Thanks for your time
I’m pretty sure that the Deere hoes will only fit the open station 3520. Woods allegedly makes one that fits cab tractors.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m pretty sure that the Deere hoes will only fit the open station 3520. Woods allegedly makes one that fits cab tractors.
no sir, they fit cab tractors. plenty of optioned out ones out there plus have listed for 3x series as open station and cab tractor.. This one is running the newer 375a. So was curious as to what my options are with 3520. Do they still make 370 backhoe? Trying to do my homweork before i order in the morning

·
Administrator
20,322 Posts
I have the 375 on my cabbed 3720, there was no 370. The 375 is out of production as far as I know.

Reactions: robpm and raco232

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the 375 on my cabbed 3720, there was no 370. The 375 is out of production as far as I know.

View attachment 783637
thank you for the response. so i guess it will be the 375a. Does the 375 have enough power to lift the back of your tractor and move it around to where you need it to be while digging. That way so you dont have to get in the cab and move the machine manually

·
Registered
224 Posts
The 375a mounts differently than the 375 did. The only mounts available for it may be ones made for the 3R tractors, (though I see the picture above.) The used market may be your only option unfortunately. The 375a has enough power to lift the rear end, but Deere highly advises against it, likely because of the aluminum housing for the trans.

That being said, unless you have plans to run the backhoe a couple times a week for the foreseeable future, you’d be better off just renting an excavator. I bought my backhoe over a year ago, and while I have used it for a good bit of things, it still didn’t compare to the amount of work I was able to accomplish with the excavator I had rented for a week a little while ago. For $860 on the week, I don’t think I’ll ever buy a backhoe on a tractor again. Just get your work lined up so you can make use of it for a week and go for it.

Rick

·
Registered
465 Posts
Snowthrow50,

I think that they still make a kit for the 3X20 series to mount the newer 375A and 385A backhoes. It may even be the same kit, but check with your dealer.
What I can tell you though, is that with a cab your only hoe option is a 375 or 375A. The 385/385A will only fit open stations. Something to do with the seat or seat mount hitting the cab or cab mount structure.

Jeff

·
Registered
2020 4066R & 2021 Z530R
44 Posts
I’ll 2nd the rental, or even buying a used mini..

If you need a backhoe that much, seriously buy a used mini, way more capable.

If not, just rent. My previous machine had a backhoe, and the salesman told me the same thing Im telling you, though he did like my $$ lol... it sat 99% of the time, and the 1% it was on I was a bit disappointed, because Ive ran real backhoes and the tractor ones just dont compare.

When I got my 4066r last year, it wasnt even a topic, I’ll just rent the few times I need to dig.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts