Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 325 garden tractor that Im interested in putting a plow or snow blower attachment on. I have come up empty handed finding out what part nos I need to look for while searching used attachments.

Anyone know how I can find this info out? :banghead:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
41,695 Posts
I can't help with your question but welcome to GTT MowinMurphy.

Reactions: MowinMurphy

·
Registered
40 Posts
You want a 48" blade with the correct subframe. One that came off an x500 won't work without the correct subframe.
One off a 2xx, 325, 335, 345, gx325... Will work. I think mine came off a gt255.

If I can find a 54" front blade for my 855 I'd sell you my 48" blade from my 345!

I'll take a picture of my 48" blade part number if I'm out in the shed today.

·
Super Moderator
6,169 Posts
Go to jdparts.com and enter the model of your machine. When the results come up, select your machine. When that expands, one of the sections under it will be "Implements". If you expand that you'll find that the list includes the 42" snowblower as well as the 48" snow plow with all of the part numbers for for each.

So, for example, for a 325 you want a 48" plow with a part number AM101487 frame or a 42" snow blower with a part number AM123162 frame. The lift kit part numbers for each are also listed.

These plows/blowers were used on a lot of different models so the hunt will be for the correct mounting hardware (i.e. frame, lift kit, etc..).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You want a 48" blade with the correct subframe. One that came off an x500 won't work without the correct subframe.
One off a 2xx, 325, 335, 345, gx325... Will work. I think mine came off a gt255.

If I can find a 54" front blade for my 855 I'd sell you my 48" blade from my 345!

I'll take a picture of my 48" blade part number if I'm out in the shed today.
Would a gx345 subframe work on my 325?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm looking at one setup that has a 48" blade but they have no if for the subframe and no knowledge what it fits. I'll try posting a picture later.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Go to jdparts.com and enter the model of your machine. When the results come up, select your machine. When that expands, one of the sections under it will be "Implements". If you expand that you'll find that the list includes the 42" snowblower as well as the 48" snow plow with all of the part numbers for for each.

So, for example, for a 325 you want a 48" plow with a part number AM101487 frame or a 42" snow blower with a part number AM123162 frame. The lift kit part numbers for each are also listed.

These plows/blowers were used on a lot of different models so the hunt will be for the correct mounting hardware (i.e. frame, lift kit, etc..).
I did as you instructed and got to the implement step and it's not showing. I then tried all parts and did not find anything that I'm looking for.

I agree the hunt is for the correct frame and hardware and there are multiple machines that all use the same setup I need. My question remains how do I know which other models will be the same as mine?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Plow no2

Here's another plow setup that I'm trying to determine if it will work with my 325. The seller says everything is pictured that is required to mount and came off gx 345.

(This is different than the previously posted plow.)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yep, that should work. Both have the AM123162 frame.
You'll need a front lift kit, too. Its probably still on the tractor. Have them remove it if they don't have any other front attachments. Otherwise, you'll need BM19996.

Jake

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep, that should work. Both have the AM123162 frame.
You'll need a front lift kit, too. Its probably still on the tractor. Have them remove it if they don't have any other front attachments. Otherwise, you'll need BM19996.

Jake
Really their both the same? The first one appears to be quite hd... You sure? Because the first one is the much better priced kit...

Good to know about the lift kit!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry, I thought you were saying they were both from a gx345. Not sure, you need to find out what they were on.

On JDparts, sometimes they are under implements, other times they are under section index. The gx345 was under section index, the 325 is under implements with the 42,44,46,48 " blades. That is where I'm getting all my part numbers from.

The second one has the manual angling kit such that you can stay on the tractor to angle it blade. You can buy it from Deere also, part number BM19481.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
More pictures of the plow off the gx 345. Seller says the lift kit is pictured, can you verify?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Remembered that I had the lift kit install instructions scanned in on another forum. See the last picture in the gallery for the pieces needed. I don't see it in the pic. i do see the manual angling kit, maybe that's what he is talking about?

The lift kit is what the yokes in the middle of the frame connect to.

www.mytractorforum.com/album.php?albumid=542

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts