Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like some assistance in the value of my Grandpa's shop jacket from the early 1950's (judging by the logos). My Great-Grandfather (Luce) started a John Deere dealership in Amherst, TX in 1936-- my family continued the dealership until 1971 in Littlefield, TX as "Luce Implements" (it was sold in '71).

This jacket is totally authentic and has been hanging in the closet all this time.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks, Brady

[email protected]

photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg photo 3.jpg photo 4.jpg

·
Administrator
17,105 Posts
Welcome!

I have no idea of the value, but that is very cool! What size is it? Are you thinking of selling it?

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I have no idea what it is worth. I have a hard time parting with things that have been in the family for generations.

However,

:wgtt:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Ohhhh that is nice......

I'd venture to say north of $200. Vintage shop clothing is in, add Deere to it and $200 could be low. I'd love to own it...then to be grandpa's to boot would make it priceless if it were mine.

·
Registered
11,246 Posts
I'm with fg and ps. If that was my Dad's no money would buy it. That said, I have no idea what it is worth.

·
Premium Member
10,049 Posts
That's a great piece of family history! I have a few things that belonged to my grandfather and would have a very hard time selling them.

As for value, a lot of young hipsters are really buying up 'vintage' clothing. I could see it appealing to a lot of Deere collectors as well, but I don't think those two groups will overlap eachother much. Psrumors $200 estimate sounds reasonable to the right person.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
That is cool. I have several firearms from my grandfather. One is worth $500-600 and the other is worth about $30 bucks. But to me they are priceless. The one that is worth $30 bucks is way cool because I have the original bill of sale from Sears it is worth as much now as when he bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts