Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I have just purchased a 1445 out front mower. According to the manual, shown below, this is what is supposed to happen when you turn the key.

To turn ignition on, turn key to the RUN position (C). The beeper will sound, and the following indicator lamps on instrument panel will light:

· Engine Oil Pressure Lamp

· Battery Discharge Lamp

· Engine Coolant Temperature Lamp

· Engine Manifold Heater Lamp (Diesel Only)

· To start engine, turn key to the START position (D). Once engine begins to run, release key switch back to the RUN position (C). With the key switch in the START position, the following indicator lamps on instrument panel will light:

· Engine Oil Pressure Lamp

· Engine Coolant Temperature Lamp

· Hydraulic Oil Temperature"

When I first turn the key only the Battery and Engine Manifold Heater lamp come on, no buzzer, no oil pressure and no coolant light. I swapped the bulbs around to check they were OK and they all worked.
When I sat on and pressed the brake and turned the key to start all the lights came on as described in the last paragraph above, and then went off. The buzzer sounded for a 1/100th of a second.

I have taken the temp sensor wire of and cleaned it but the loom is fully wrapped and do not want to disturb if poss.

Does anybody have any suggestions ?

Any advice gratefully appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Welcome to the fun.

I would recommend starting simple, if I were a betting man, my guess is you have failing battery. Check all fuses. Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey Randy! Thanks for the reply :yahoo:.

I have tested the alternator and its putting out 14.4 Volts and the battery has been on charge and is reading 12.9/13.0 volts but it has gone flat a few times and I have had to charge it in between tinkering.

Funnily enough when I bought it from auction the battery clamp was not fastened so had all the hallmarks from the start :lol:.

BTW. I have found only two fuses on a PCB board are there anymore?

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Do you know the age of the battery? I am still not willing to rule it out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Randy, No I completely agree with you and have already ordered one yesterday. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Great, let us know how it turns out for ya. Is there any chance you can show us your pride and joy?

·
Premium Member
14,383 Posts
Betting with Randy ,,, battery and sounds like you have one on order. You can take your battery to Advance, Auto zone, Wallyworld , just about anyone that sells batteries and they can tell you if your is toast.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks Guys,

No pics yet, new panels to be fitted first!

New battery fitted, tested and still no coolant or oil pressure lights, only battery and inlet heater.
The fuel pump also seems to run continuously, doesn't stop once primed?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Should the fuel pump prime then stop, is it related to the lights?
Any help greatly appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts