Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got lucky tonite... when starting to put up the stabilizers I happened to look down and saw a large rock under the cylinder. Luckily I had not put pressure on it yet... I'm sure it would have damaged something. Now I look everytime! :fire:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
"If it can happen, it WILL happen!":laugh: Ten seconds after I finished using my brand new BH digging out a mulberry stump, I raised the stabilizer and found a large hefty piece of root stuck on it. It was a split root and the stabilizer foot went right down through the space and it forced it up onto the "chrome" piston. This kind of stuff makes me para-annoyed!:laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,440 Posts
Good tip HoneyDew. It's one of those things I do without even thinking about it anymore.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Got lucky tonite... when starting to put up the stabilizers I happened to look down and saw a large rock under the cylinder. Luckily I had not put pressure on it yet... I'm sure it would have damaged something. Now I look everytime! :fire:
I am assuming that you're referring to a rock getting into the space between the cylinder and stabilizer arm?

You make a good point, that happens to me all the time, I turn over a lot of loose rocks in my yard. Sometimes rocks and "dirt bombs" hang up on the stabilizer feet too, preventing the foot from touching the ground level, but actually on end. So I'm watching the lowering and raising of my stabilizers all the time ... just a habit I guess.

What is sometimes "funny" are the little pieces of soil or rocks that sit on the stabilizer feet and if I raise them too fast they flip up into my face. :laugh:

Just my 2 cents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts