Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2018 1025R, 120R loader, 60D MMM, grapple
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious to see if anyone else has the same issue I'm having with my 60D auto connect mower deck. When I wash the tractor, water pools around the three spindles on top of the deck. It's a lot of water, I would guess maybe 4 oz. I can't imagine this is good for it I ended up removing the deck and blowing all the water out with compressed air, but it took a while and I can't imagine this is what everyone else does.
My guess is that people don't typically wash the deck?

What does everyone else do to avoid or correct this problem?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm curious to see if anyone else has the same issue I'm having with my 60D auto connect mower deck. When I wash the tractor, water pools around the three spindles on top of the deck. It's a lot of water, I would guess maybe 4 oz. I can't imagine this is good for it I ended up removing the deck and blowing all the water out with compressed air, but it took a while and I can't imagine this is what everyone else does.

Thanks.
water pools on mine as well. I use a leaf blower to get rid of most of it.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I don't wash anything. I blow off with compressed air. My blow gun has 2 ft extension so I don't have to bend over.

Reactions: DaveDelux

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
I don't wash anything. I blow off with compressed air. My blow gun has 2 ft extension so I don't have to bend over.
Only a few times a year I'll take water to the deck. I'll either use my air compressor or a leaf blower (depending on what's convenient) to blow out/off clippings after mowing and usually only after every other, if I'm going to be cutting multiple days in a row.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
568 Posts
I've had to wash mine every week the last month because of the amount of rain we have been getting I'm mowing in 4wd tall, wet, and heavy grass. I get the same pooling you mentioned. I do my best to make sure it is "clean" water that is left in the end and hit it with the leaf blower to get the majority out. Good to go for the next round.

It is absolutely amazing to me how clean the bottom of the deck will be while the top is covered in mud and grass. I've checked the underside twice now and its clean with only normal build up. I do have the mulching kit. Wish I had pictures, if I remember this week I will get some as it has still been raining.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,287 Posts
Load-n-Go's with the deck vertical doesn't let water pool anywhere. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,287 Posts
That sounds like a great solution, although it seems super expensive.
They pay for themselves after a few uses simply from making the deck so much easier to handle. For me, it was $250 well spent because I will never have to manhandle the mower. When I'm done cutting, I take it off and the LnG let's me clean and inspect everything before putting it away. We'll worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
They pay for themselves after a few uses simply from making the deck so much easier to handle. For me, it was $250 well spent because I will never have to manhandle the mower. When I'm done cutting, I take it off and the LnG let's me clean and inspect everything before putting it away. We'll worth it in my opinion.
Yep, LnG makes it simple for me to scrape my deck after every mow. Without it, I might prop it up and scrape every 10.

·
Premium Member
17,271 Posts

Thanks.
The same thing happens to the 48-inch deck on my X500 when I wash it. It seems to be the nature of the design of the deck surface around the spindles. It's probably the same reason that area likes to trap a lot of debris.

I blow mine out with a leaf blower after washing - which, I don't do very often. I typically keep the deck clean simply by using the blower.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I just ignore it and it evaporates. I clean it thoroughly each season.
My deck is 7 years old and has not been hurt by any water.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Load-N-Go on mine. I really agonized over the $250. That's a large grocery bill and in a week, the food's gone. The LNG will last forever and get used more than you can imagine. Absolutely love it on my 60" deck. Regarding standing water, you could use an old towel to dry it each time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.