Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of adding a water cistern/tote into my garage (approx 250 gals or maybe stack 2 for 500 gals or so), just to have some water for washing my hands kind of thing. Also, it would be nice to have, say a 50 ft garden hose connection too. Would a 12 volt RV pump be enough to provide pressure through the garden hose, or are they meant for shorter runs? If the rv pump won't cut it, would I have to get a jet pump and pressure tank kind of setup? I don't think I will have a water heater, but I may add a 6 gal electric one, just to have some hot water if I want it. Any suggestions or ideas are welcomed!

·
Super Moderator
4,890 Posts
An RV pump will work. You'd just need 12v power to run it. They'll pump water through a hose no problem. They typically max out at about 40PSI though. That's usually plenty for washing hands or showering but it may not be enough if you want to use the hose to blast something clean.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An RV pump will work. You'd just need 12v power to run it. They'll pump water through a hose no problem. They typically max out at about 40PSI though. That's usually plenty for washing hands or showering but it may not be enough if you want to use the hose to blast something clean.
Ok thanks, good to know. I wasn't sure if there would be significant friction loss through the 50 ft of garden hose. I probably wouldn't "blast" anything clean with the garden hose, I would likely hook a pressure washer up for that, but I would like to "semi-blast" things with the garden hose (rinse off coolers and tools and stuff).

Would it continuously cycle on and off and have pressure fluctuations, or would it just run constantly at a constant pressure?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts