Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
You should test to see if you have air in the bleeder on the injection pump I suspect that you have a air leak on the suck side and I can tell you it does not take much of a leak. If this is the case your description of the problem is exactly like the a problem I had. All I had to do was tighten the hose clamps on the suck side hoses and WA LA the problem went away. If you have rubber hose connections on the suck side it could very easily be your problem.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My suck side fitting was a rubber hose that also look quite good but where it attached to the stem the clamp was not tight enough and when the pump drew fuel it got easier to get air and the separator went dry two turns on the clamp and it filled immediately Now if you had access to a cheap electric pump you will solve the problem as well but you still need to make sure there are everything is tight suck side. And it only take enough pressure to deliver fuel to the injection pump to run but obviously it would be better to have rated pressure. The injection pump converts to high pressure on its own.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would say if you feel restriction when blowing backwards you have a screen that is impaired in the tank. If it is possible to remove the line and put it in a can of fuel and see if the problem goes away. Also take the line off at the out end of the filter and see if you have a good stream of fuel when cranking the engine.

Have you blown trought the filter it should easily clear but it won't taste good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.