Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a fun job, but I wanted it done before winter ( sorry I mentioned the "W" word)
Still need to do an oil change and put on a different set of wheels and tires. The "bling 20" wheels and tires it came with are worthless in snow.
(Oops sorry I mentioned the "S" word)

:nunu::nunu: two bad words in one post SORRY! :nunu::nunu:

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,687 Posts
:ttiwwp:

Even if it's a Chevy...

I don't think I've washed my truck with soap in over a year, although it is 10 years older than yours. I did discover over my elk hunt that I need to get under the hood and replace some glow plugs.

I like my Hankook tires in that white stuff that no one wants to talk about yet.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I have a white F-250 that was last detailed in May (yes, this year), that needs a good wash and wax again. When you finish with yours, you can come do mine!!

Reactions: Levi and BigJim55

·
8,558 Posts
You guys need to go Aluminum. :munch: :lol:
You need to be more mileage intensive with your aluminum! :kidw_truck_smiley:

·
8,558 Posts
You still on the booze from yesterday? :lol:
Nope. I'm going to go play at the airport this morning. I even get 8 hours between the bottle and modding, not just 8 hours between the bottle and the throttle. I'll get back to the booze this evening!! :good2:

But I think your aluminum would lose its shine if you ran it as many miles, in as many conditions as I run the F-250.

I'm going to take the F-150 Farm truck to be detailed before Christmas. Gonna use it more for work before then. Found about 3 cords of firewood, (Oak) that has already been cut, and offered free for the taking. It was cut this year, so will need to sit a year, but I'll try to get a load today, and another one evening this week, and repeat until it is all stacked to use here next year. THEN, the farm truck can get cleaned up good and put back in the garage, and only go on feedstore runs for the winter! :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
I try to wax mine yearly, think the last time was in April. I washed it about a month ago. :lol:

Living on a dirt road really makes it hard to get motivated for such things. By the time I get to the mailbox, it's like it never even happened. :flag_of_truce:

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:ttiwwp:

Even if it's a Chevy...

I don't think I've washed my truck with soap in over a year, although it is 10 years older than yours. I did discover over my elk hunt that I need to get under the hood and replace some glow plugs.

I like my Hankook tires in that white stuff that no one wants to talk about yet.
Pictures coming soon

I have a white F-250 that was last detailed in May (yes, this year), that needs a good wash and wax again. When you finish with yours, you can come do mine!!
If you buy a C130 you could :airplane: it up here

You guys need to go Aluminum. :munch: :lol:
You're just ahead of our your time, you even have Gimbal ratchet

Ya, let see a picture of that shining beauty....
OK, Ok pic coming

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WAXED! Right down to the 400HP stainless steel exhaust tip

Attachments

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Black can be a real bear to work with. Microscopic scratches can make a finish look pretty terrible pretty quickly. Yours looks like it's holding up nicely.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,816 Posts
Why? So we can focus on specialized cleaners? And watch the truck skin crinkle? :)
I don't wash vehicles,,,ever. I do wash the windows and vacuum them out once in a while.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I don't wash vehicles,,,ever. I do wash the windows and vacuum them out once in a while.
Why not? Can't stand how they look when they're all detailed up? lol

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,816 Posts
Why not? Can't stand how they look when they're all detailed up? lol
Don't really see the point in it.
BTW, Your truck looks nice.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Don't really see the point in it.
BTW, Your truck looks nice.

If his truck is dirty, it looks like he's been working. Without doing any work it takes a long time to build up that level of dirt, he can't afford to lose any of it. :lol::lol:

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
If his truck is dirty, it looks like he's been working. Without doing any work it takes a long time to build up that level of dirt, he can't afford to lose any of it. :lol::lol:
I hadn't considered that... I think you nailed it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts