Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building a 20'x20' weekend cabin up in Maine. Attached are some progress pics including my JD 870 which has come in real handy!!

My son (apprentice) is really enjoying the process, getting his hands dirty every step of the way. I also did a basic computer rendition of what the cabin will roughly look like from the street (approx 200' from street).

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,023 Posts
Get away cabin, hunting cabin?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
May I ask where in Maine? When you said "Up in Maine".........it can't be higher than me! LOL!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
That's going to be great!
Any utilities or will it be strictly a bring your own water type of place? I mean I see the power lines, but will you be putting in a well and phone lines, etc.?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's going to be great!
Any utilities or will it be strictly a bring your own water type of place? I mean I see the power lines, but will you be putting in a well and phone lines, etc.?
Yes all the utilities. Have a well drilled (40 GAL/MIN). Electricity set up, bathroom. My family goes snowmobiling and skiing during the winter, so this will be a great weekend cabin to headquarter out of.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,023 Posts
If you need any help using it Petron don't hesitate to ask. Just Sayin!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
More than likely not higher than you. In Denmark Maine.
Ya........that's about 6 hours south of me. Looks like it's gonna be a nice place...........congrats!

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Nice place. Congrats and thanks for sharing the pictures.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Built the walls this weekend. It's a slow build as I live 2.5 hours away and get one day every 2 weeks to go up and build. Goal is to have roof, windows and door complete by beginning of winter. Then during the winter do all my electrical, plumbing, insulation.....the list goes on!

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,023 Posts
Coming along there Petron. Do you leave the tractor or have to transport every time?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I purchased a ShelterLogic 13W x 20L x 12H and store my tractor in there. So far I'm happy with my purchase as it keeps the tractor out of the elements and looking forward to seeing how the ShelterLogic holds up during the winter.

Mt next question with the cabin is roof pitch. I know I want a loft, so considering a 10 or 12 pitch. The loft will be for sleeping purposes only.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Mt next question with the cabin is roof pitch. I know I want a loft, so considering a 10 or 12 pitch. The loft will be for sleeping purposes only.
With 12 you can fit a lot more junk in the rafters over your head. :lol: Seriously, it is something to consider. We have several tents we use when camping. For the most part, all they are used for is storage and sleeping. I'll tell you, being able to stand up and hang some stuff from the ridge beam on the taller tents is nice.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I purchased a ShelterLogic 13W x 20L x 12H and store my tractor in there. So far I'm happy with my purchase as it keeps the tractor out of the elements and looking forward to seeing how the ShelterLogic holds up during the winter.
The ShelterLogic looks like it is working out pretty well. Like you said it will be interesting to see how it holds up through the snow.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
The ShelterLogic looks like it is working out pretty well. Like you said it will be interesting to see how it holds up through the snow.
My buddy uses them a lot, hold up for about 3 years or so in western PA.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My ShelterLogic is very roomy, if I hug one side of the unit with my tractor I get approx 5ft of space on the opposite. I graded and leveled a section on my land and set it up nice and square, plus I purchased the extra (6) anchors that make a huge difference in my opion.

With regards to my roof pitch I'm settling on a 10:12 pitch. I think this will work for sleeping arrangements with sufficent room.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,023 Posts
Nice job. Working by yourself??

1 - 20 of 43 Posts