Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK I’ll start.....I know it’s early, just read a USA Today story saying some parts of New York Vermont New Hampshire and Maine could get 40” of snow:hide:
So think it will be interesting to follow it across country as members post.
Good luck to all, be ready and stay safe.

·
Registered
12,264 Posts
Good thread :thumbup1gif:

18"-24" is now the prediction for my area, we'll see. :snow::plowsnow:

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
OK I’ll start.....I know it’s early, just read a USA Today story saying some parts of New York Vermont New Hampshire and Maine could get 40” of snow:hide:
So think it will be interesting to follow across country as members post.
Sounds like "Snowmageddon". :lol:

·
Super Moderator
4,844 Posts
I saw a forecast last night that said anywhere from 5" to 35". Right now for my area the noon forecast is "over a foot".

I'm gonna pull the snowblower around from the far back corner of my lot to the driveway this afternoon and fill my fuel cans (diesel for the tractor, gas for the generator) and put my chains on the machine on Saturday. Otherwise, BRING IT! :kidw_truck_smiley:

·
Registered
24 Posts
So think it will be interesting to follow across country as members post.

New to Green Tractor Talk, we're in Marcy, NY and hoping to get the brunt of what they say may come! New to me 54" snowblower that has yet to be used for anything over 4" of snow. Lots of talk, most think we are only going to get a few inches it seems.

·
Super Moderator
5,457 Posts
No telling what we'll get until it actually gets here. Numbers everywhere from 3 inches to up to 24! The only time we ever saw 2 feet at our present homestead was Feb.15,16 back in 2010. That was the very first time I used my new 2520!:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
I saw a forecast last night that said anywhere from 5" to 35". Right now for my area the noon forecast is "over a foot".

I'm gonna pull the snowblower around from the far back corner of my lot to the driveway this afternoon and fill my fuel cans (diesel for the tractor, gas for the generator) and put my chains on the machine on Saturday. Otherwise, BRING IT! :kidw_truck_smiley:
New to Green Tractor Talk, we're in Marcy, NY and hoping to get the brunt of what they say may come! New to me 54" snowblower that has yet to be used for anything over 4" of snow. Lots of talk, most think we are only going to get a few inches it seems.
You 2 with those posts just guaranteed no snow or storms will happen!:laugh:

Welcome to GTT Dan!:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Looking for 4-8" here. got 8" last weekend. I like them on the weekend.

·
Super Moderator
4,844 Posts
You 2 with those posts just guaranteed no snow or storms will happen!:laugh:

I'd be ok with that! :laugh: I was kind of enjoying not having any snow on the ground so far this winter.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Still waiting to see. Numbers still all over the place here. 1-4” seams to be the likely the latest I’ve heard. Tuesday-Wednesday storm is looking like more right now. Time will tell:munch:

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
This is rediculous. The Weathermen are terrible. Our local ABC (WNEP)station has 5 different meteorologists and 5 different forcasts.
What I did notice today is that they follow the national weather service. They would be better off with a weather girl.
They are saying 12 to 18+ for Don and I. The only way to really get a good forcast is to wait and see. Then they might get it right, provided they can actually read a ruler. They have so many computer models, they can't get much right. Years ago, they got it right more often than not. No computer models. But they could actually think back then. No more....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
The weather guessers have been vacillating between over 12" Saturday to 5-8".
I performed the rare act of buying some groceries for myself and plan on lighting the fireplace sipping on some alcohol and being my hermit self.
I should get to use my little Deere on the driveway for the first time this season, man I haven't even started that thing in months?

I cannot recall a year in my near 59 years of existence where the weather forecasting has been more inaccurate than this last one...

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Once again, around here, the storm is tracking along I-70. I live about 20 miles South of I-70 and we're forecast to get 3-5". Just North of I-70 is looking at 7-10".

Bring on the snow - I'm good with that! What I DON'T want is the -4* on Sunday morning. :nunu:

·
Premium Member
7,434 Posts
Still waiting to see. Numbers still all over the place here. 1-4” seams to be the likely the latest I’ve heard. Tuesday-Wednesday storm is looking like more right now. Time will tell:munch:
Same here. I've only plowed with truck once, shoveled several times (if 2" or less, I use a shovel, not worth getting the truck out)

Once again, around here, the storm is tracking along I-70. I live about 20 miles South of I-70 and we're forecast to get 3-5". Just North of I-70 is looking at 7-10".

Bring on the snow - I'm good with that! What I DON'T want is the -4* on Sunday morning. :nunu:
Same here, I can deal with the snow, but I can't handle the cold :flag_of_truce:

Im south of boston. Every meteorologist is saying something different. Rain to 2ft.
Did you "add" the blindfold? :dunno:

1 - 20 of 110 Posts