Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi.... looking to buy some ramps for my trailer, the tractor weighs 1444 lb , about how much do you think a Curtis cab weigh, I'm thinking I need 2,000 lb ramps?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Do you have an FEL, other attachments?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Do you have an FEL, other attachments?
Excellent question, to add to that.... Do you have the tires loaded or have wheel weights?

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts
I unloaded a Curtis hard side cab (to fit his 2210) for my neighbor a few weeks ago and shipping weight was about 300lb I think.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
How much do you weigh? No need to answer, but add it to your equation.

From the tractor's perspective, we're just ballast.

·
Registered
375 Posts
You will want ramps rated higher than 2000 lbs. The 54" snow blower is around 250 lbs without the quick hitch components (maybe 350 for the entire snowblower setup), plus the cab (256 lbs on the sell sheet for the standard cab), plus the tractor weight, plus rear ballast for the blower, plus operator weight... I'd go with 3000 lb ramps minimum. Tractor supply has a set for $170.

Also keep in mind that the snowblower gives the tractor a much more shallow approach angle. My trailer has a two foot dovetail with a four foot gate (6 feet of ramp length) and I still have to add boards to the end of the ramp (to add ramp length) to allow the snowblower to clear the ramp without scraping the snowblower on the ramp before the front tires of the tractor are on the ramp.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
You will want ramps rated higher than 2000 lbs. The 54" snow blower is around 250 lbs without the quick hitch components (maybe 350 for the entire snowblower setup), plus the cab (256 lbs on the sell sheet for the standard cab), plus the tractor weight, plus rear ballast for the blower, plus operator weight... I'd go with 3000 lb ramps minimum. Tractor supply has a set for $170.

Also keep in mind that the snowblower gives the tractor a much more shallow approach angle. My trailer has a two foot dovetail with a four foot gate (6 feet of ramp length) and I still have to add boards to the end of the ramp (to add ramp length) to allow the snowblower to clear the ramp without scraping the snowblower on the ramp before the front tires of the tractor are on the ramp.
I ran into the ramp length problem. Unfortunately more than once. My 6'X10' landscape trailer has a fold up gate in the back. With the deck on it's close going over the hinges but it will make it. With my plow on the angle is too steep. The plow hits the gate then I'm stuck. Have to use 2 long wooden boards to get it on or off. With my X540 being around 800 lbs it bends the planks but not too much. I wouldn't use wood with anything heavier.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I just went down the same path last week. I'll be taking delivery on my 1025 TLB later this week and I'm pretty confident the fold-up aluminum ramp I had utilized in the past wouldn't cut the mustard.

Here is what I ended up with:

Aluminum Arched Trailer Ramps - Dual Runner Ramps A-ATR

I went with the 3000 lb unit, 84". I haven't taken them out of the shipping wrapper as of yet, so I can't offer a review.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I just went down the same path last week. I'll be taking delivery on my 1025 TLB later this week and I'm pretty confident the fold-up aluminum ramp I had utilized in the past wouldn't cut the mustard.

Here is what I ended up with:

Aluminum Arched Trailer Ramps - Dual Runner Ramps A-ATR

I went with the 3000 lb unit, 84". I haven't taken them out of the shipping wrapper as of yet, so I can't offer a review.
That's what we use. Our trailers on a 3/4 ton or 1 ton make for a steep approach angle especially with a hoe. Makes life easy and safe.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts