Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried looking around for this spec and could not find it. I asked JD and they gave me the info. So I figured I would post it in case someone else would like it as well. What is interesting to me is that there are 2 part numbers for this bucket. I wonder if they came from 2 different manufacturers for JD.

Below I have listed the specifications for the 73" Heavy Duty Bucket for the 300CX Loader.

BW14764-BUCKET, HEAVY DUTY W/HOLES

Bucket Width: 1850 mm (73 in.)
Bucket Weight: 128.4 kg (283 lb)
Bucket Height: 517 mm
(20.2 in.)
Bucket Depth: 592 mm
(23.1 in.)
Bucket Struck Capacity: 0.30 cu m (10.7 cu ft)
Bucket Heaped Capacity: 0.36 cu m (12.8 cu ft)

BW14765 BUCKET, HEAVY DUTY W/HOLES

(20.2 in.)
(23.1 in.)
Bucket Struck Capacity: 0.30 cu m (10.7 cu ft)
Bucket Heaped Capacity: 0.36 cu m (12.8 cu ft)

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
I had a 73" on my 3720 and it worked out well. I welded on hooks and kept it for use on my 4520. I have the JD toothbar and that thing is heavy. The bucket alone is not too bad.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brian, I have done the same by welding on 3 hooks. The bucket is an excellent bucket. I put on a knife edge and that works real nice too.

They gave only Cu Ft on the amount of material it holds. Since everything is typicaly stated in yards I figured I'd do the calc.

(20.2 in.)
(23.1 in.)
Bucket Struck Capacity: 0.30 cu m (10.7 cu ft) (0.396 Cu Yd)
Bucket Heaped Capacity: 0.36 cu m (12.8 cu ft) (0.474 Cu Yd)

So a little over 1/3 of a yard. I know, the Cu M should have told me that.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Thanks fellas, I was looking for those specs last week. I'm going to build a weight box and was wondering what the bucket weighed and how much material it could hold.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Just as a thought on the weight box, I was lifting block with my forks last week and with the factory weight box full of portland cement and 440 pounds of iron weights on the back rims, I still lifted the rear tires and had to be in 4x4 to move the block.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Just as a thought on the weight box, I was lifting block with my forks last week and with the factory weight box full of portland cement and 440 pounds of iron weights on the back rims, I still lifted the rear tires and had to be in 4x4 to move the block.
Thanks for the info Brian. My biggest complaint with my 3320 is it is tippy. It's a rough rider on bumps too. I've only had it 10 months, so I'm getting more used to it. I'm so used to my Ford 1954 NAA that I've had the last 10 years. I couldn't tip that if I tried and it seemed to take the bumps better. These 3x20 Deeres have short wheel bases and are narrow. I've had my 3320 bucket heaped with sand and gravel. It's ok, but I can feel the weight come off the rear tires. I've had to put in 4 wheel drive a few times. I already have my rear R4's loaded with Rim Guard which helped with the tippy issues a bit. I believe this added about 500 lbs. I'm going to make a weight out of concrete mostly for loader work. It looks like I can make it for about $50 for concrete and I have some materials laying around here. I think when I worked it out, it would weigh around 450 - 500 lbs.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Thanks for the info Brian. My biggest complaint with my 3320 is it is tippy. It's a rough rider on bumps too. I've only had it 10 months, so I'm getting more used to it. I'm so used to my Ford 1954 NAA that I've had the last 10 years. I couldn't tip that if I tried and it seemed to take the bumps better. These 3x20 Deeres have short wheel bases and are narrow. I've had my 3320 bucket heaped with sand and gravel. It's ok, but I can feel the weight come off the rear tires. I've had to put in 4 wheel drive a few times. I already have my rear R4's loaded with Rim Guard which helped with the tippy issues a bit. I believe this added about 500 lbs. I'm going to make a weight out of concrete mostly for loader work. It looks like I can make it for about $50 for concrete and I have some materials laying around here. I think when I worked it out, it would weigh around 450 - 500 lbs.
As an FYI, I have 8 bags of cement in my factory weight box. Its well over 500 pounds and I would guess closer to 800 or more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts