Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a model 45 loader for my X748. Unfortunately it didn't come with a manual.
How much does the loader weigh?
How much ballast is recommended for the X748?
How much ballast is necessary?
I have a set of 50 lb wheel weights already installed, and I am going to buy suitcase weights.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
As much as you can. I would do 8 suitcase weights on a 3pt. I don't have wheel weights but I have fluid filled tires.

·
Super Moderator
4,900 Posts
Not sure which 45 loader you have but there are operator's manuals available.

45 Loaders BASE UNIT (001001-) North American , X475; X485; X495; X575; X585; X595 (excludes X465)
OMM147614_C3

Unfortunately, they don't list any of the specific info you are looking for. The newer loader manuals all have ballasting info included in them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you for the link. I had not been able to find that online.
It has the ballast requirements as well as the weight.
Loader weighs 515 lbs.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
As stated above the loader is just over 500lbs. I have a 3pt hitch and Heavy hitch with 8 42lb. and works out just fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,736 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
8,792 Posts
I’d put the weight around 600 lbs. my 420 could lift one, but it was heavy for it.

As for ballast when lifting the loader I needed about 700lbs. I needed another 200 to be able to get off the seat.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Relief valve is ordered.
I am assume you ordered this but just thought I would mention that you also need the freewheel lever in addition to the relief valve. I would hate for you to get in there and not have it and not be able to reassemble the tractor.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am assume you ordered this but just thought I would mention that you also need the freewheel lever in addition to the relief valve. I would hate for you to get in there and not have it and not be able to reassemble the tractor.
Yes, also ordered. I appreciate it though. I would hate to have to leave it sit while waiting for another part.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts