Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
17,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please share your restoration projects or information regarding restoring older tractors. This covers lawn and garden tractors all the way up to agricultural tractors of any year.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Please share your restoration projects or information regarding restoring older tractors. This covers lawn and garden tractors all the way up to agricultural tractors of any year.
I was wondering that since no one has yet posted any questions or projects, maybe there should be a seperate area like this for the lawn & garden crowd. I don't know how you would keep everything orderly however. Some people have restoration projects involving engine rebuilds, while others need "body & fender" help, if you know what I mean. I'm really surprised no one has put anything into this section yet, or if they did, I'm missing it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am restoring / repairing a 81 4040. I use this tractor all the time but the interior got so bad it had to go. I ripped out the foam and went back with Rhino Liner. I put in a good headliner, new stereo and speakers.
Here is my problem now. I replaced the drain lines for the AC with 1/2" air line but did not put a trap in the line. You know the little loop that the book shows for it. Does anyone know where to get the kind fl tubing the JD uses unless you get it from JD?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts