Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
20,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum was built to discuss anything pulling tractor related. Modifications, frames, engine mods, tires, rules, weights, whatever. Any events should still be posted in the tractor events forum. :good2:

·
Premium Member
5,540 Posts
Hey DS and PJR, where the heck is AFan?

How timely. Here I am sitting on the couch and I should be down at the fair pulling this morning but I guess my driveway is sealed so that’s a plus 1 for me at home.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Recruiting

Thanks DS! I am still working on recruiting some of my local buddies to the forum from the antique and new gen scene from my local pulling world. I am also hoping that some current forum members will jump in to make this one great as well. I dont expect anyone to open up and dump their pulling secrets but to maybe help the novice get started or share some pulling stories. I for one in my area can do anything I want to a tractor to make power ad long as it is stock appearing when registering to my local events.
That leads me into my 1950 A project. When I get started I am thinking of a very mild stroke to boost compression and a .090 or .0125 over bore with m&w style pistons. I am even looking into just a pair of custom pistons from ray at extreme tractor parts.
Not to be short, but I am happy to see this forum get started and am looking forward to seeing it be as great as the rest of green tractor talk has been this far!

·
Administrator
20,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m gonna be building my 60 to be a stock looking puller as well. I look forward to seeing your threads and friends here. I could use some pointers and help with mine. :drinks:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
hmmmmm....Maybe this would un-stick my 8n clutch........if I could get a running start.....:unknown:

Nice addition to the forum:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
5,540 Posts
hmmmmm....Maybe this would un-stick my 8n clutch........if I could get a running start.....:unknown:

Nice addition to the forum:bigthumb:
No running starts, well yours would be a running off the starter start. A running start though might split it for you.:good2:

Come to think of it I have watched tractor pulls for 40 years. I have yet to see a Ford 8n or 9n ever at a pull.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
heres one.....slightly modified but still a flathead.....

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
This guy works with my Wife in small town bfe Oregon.

Cool dude..sweet truck..its way more old school than it looks.
Still has the original lever actuated stock shocks on the front..

enjoy

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Duke,

I thought for a second that your buddy in the Agent Orange pull truck was simply going to drive it right out the other end of the building......

As someone who has personally competed in Motor sports it's amazing how quickly such activities can become all time consuming. Its equally surprising the financial commitment and expense which it takes to participate in these sports.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,375 Posts
County Fair Tractor Pulls - YouTube

This is not my video, but it is only one county over from where I live. A few John Deere's, I thought it would fit since this is GTT, this is stock class pulling.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts