Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
17,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum was created for all members with non-Deere tractors of any color or flavor. Please post up some pictures of your machines-You know how we love pictures:lol:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Do you feel welcome now Will? :laugh:

That snow looks awful; I know I'd want a comfy cab to be in if I had to work in that stuff.
That's the reason for the upgrade. As much as I love the cold :) (I really do, find it rejuvenating.) being covered in snow gets tiring. And since my Dad had the stroke, his tolerance of the cold is a lot lower than before.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Here's a picture of my Kubota that might be considered OK for a Deere site :laugh:.

And here's a fuzzy shot for the fuzzy concept of "Why can't we all just get along?"

Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Man that's rough!! Dont care what color it is, I hate to see it on it's side!

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Aww....... the little feller ate too much hay and took a nap. Lol.

sent from my cell via tapatalk

·
Registered
771 Posts
Here's a picture of my Kubota that might be considered OK for a Deere site :laugh:.

And here's a fuzzy shot for the fuzzy concept of "Why can't we all just get along?"

Pete
I turned mine over when it was new, the schoolbus driver made wheel trenches in the side of the small hill were you go up to enter the property. I figured I could just raise the bucket to keep from digging in the hill and see what I was doing and then use the tractors front tire to smooth things out, anyway the tractor dumped on it's left side, luckly the only thing that happened was the ROPs was bent a little. I called the local towing guy out and he got it upright again... if I remember correctly he charged me $25. My farmer neighbor explained to me I shouldn't have raise the bucket, I guess by changing the center of gravity I caused the machine to turn over.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Aww....... the little feller ate too much hay and took a nap. Lol.
:lol::lol::lol:

That's about right. Don't use your backhoe to round up big hay bales in unknown terrain. It might just get tired and want a nap! I walked away. Tractor got it's fluids changed, I got my undies changed. The ROPS has a rakish bend to it like a well worn Fedora. Nothing broken, it landed on it's outriggers, wheels, ROPs, and loader with all hitting the ground at the same time. Tow truck up-righted it and pulled it out- driver was good and had his angles right. Only thing I did wrong was this:

It had been on it's side for a day. After up-righting it, I started it. That was not smart (I found out later). If the oil had leaked up into the cylinders, it could have caused big damage to the engine. An important safety tip if you're going to tip over your tractors.

The box blade is a Frontier BB3272. I believe that's made by Woods. 6' wide, 21 cu ft, weights 800 #s, 1/2" end plates.

Nice forum category! Nix tractor pix WilliamBos!

Pete

·
Premium Member
7,341 Posts
I'd like to be a smart ass and kid Pete somehow that having a welder would have prevented his Kubota from taking a roll in the hay; but all that matters is that Pete's OK.

·
Registered
170 Posts
:lol::lol::lol:

That's about right. Don't use your backhoe to round up big hay bales in unknown terrain. It might just get tired and want a nap! I walked away. Tractor got it's fluids changed, I got my undies changed. The ROPS has a rakish bend to it like a well worn Fedora. Nothing broken, it landed on it's outriggers, wheels, ROPs, and loader with all hitting the ground at the same time. Tow truck up-righted it and pulled it out- driver was good and had his angles right. Only thing I did wrong was this:

It had been on it's side for a day. After up-righting it, I started it. That was not smart (I found out later). If the oil had leaked up into the cylinders, it could have caused big damage to the engine. An important safety tip if you're going to tip over your tractors.

The box blade is a Frontier BB3272. I believe that's made by Woods. 6' wide, 21 cu ft, weights 800 #s, 1/2" end plates.

Nice forum category! Nix tractor pix WilliamBos!

Pete
Thanks. I love taking pics, and I will post my share here, that's for sure.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My Orange Machines!

While I do have 4 Deeres in the stable, I also have 3 Orange ones. My first mower that started my lawn care business was a 95 Agco Allis 1614H with 38" deck( Built by Simplicity). It was the mower that got me established in the business. I bought it when I was in 7th grade and ran it until 2002 when I traded the 1614H in on an Agco Allis 1920H.
The Agco Allis 1920H( also Simplicity built) had a 20hp Kohler gas engine over the 14hp in my 1614H. The Agco 1920H was also my first mower with power steering and had a 48" deck with it. I bought it with 351 hrs and it now has 1,350 hrs on it. Does not get much use any more as I use the Deere's with the Yanmar Diesels. However I kept it around as a spare tractor for back up. While I did trade the 1614H in on the 1920H in 2002.... that little 1614H Agco followed me back home again in 2005, when I bought it back from the dealer to replace an Agco 512H( which I sold off). OK I will admit, I grew attached to the little guy and it deserved to sit inside a shed rather then a snow bank in the dealers lot.

I have always been a fan of Allis-Chalmers/Agco along with John Deere, and really liked the styling of the Allis- Chalmers 616, 620 & 720 Garden tractors which resembled the big AC 190 farm tractor in styling. I ended up buying a 1977 Allis -Chalmers 720 with 60" deck over the summer of 2009. I hope to restore the Allis 720 some day, and maybe it will have another stablemate in a 620 someday... Who knows though, as I would like to get a Deere 332 to restore as well.

Jason B View attachment 5814 View attachment 5815

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Gotta love orange and upright, that's a nice working collection.

Pete

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I got a small..itsy bitsy teeny weeny confession to make.

Hi....my name is Randy.....and I almost bought a Kubota B26.

Now....I feel so relieved. I hope I am not shunned now.:unknown:

·
Administrator
17,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

To funny:laugh:

·
Registered
61 Posts

Heh. I remember sitting in listening to some fellas talk about tractors and farming and I mentioned that I was looking to get a small tractor. I told them I had been to a John Deere dealer and they all smiled and nodded. And then---and then--I told them I had also looked at Kubotas and New Hollands and suddenly they all frowned and looked at each other and shook their heads. It made me feel like I insulted a family member or something like that. Did I do something wrong I asked? Well, says this old timer, there's a lot of stuff out there that will push a blower, run a mower or pull a plow, but that don't mean nuthin cuz if it ain't green it ain't a tractor. All tractors are green.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts