Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was finally able to get back on to my welding table project. Here is what I have started.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
That is a great base.

·
Super Moderator
7,919 Posts
I was finally able to get back on to my welding table project. Here is what I have started.
Looks like you've got quite a nice slab of steel there! Keep us updated on your progress. :good2:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
That is a great base.
Thanks, the legs and frame is 4" 1/4" thick square tubing. The top is what I cut from a 4'X8'x1" thick aircraft grade aluminum sheet I had left over from a job I use to work at many moons ago. The board on the back will be my venting system. You cannot see it, but the backboard is tilted. I picked up a nice 8" ventilator with vent tubing from HF yesterday with their sale on. I will be lining the back and sides with cement board, the type they use to line the back of a woodstove wall with. I will cut a 8" diameter hole in the back of the wood, which is where I will attach the tubing and ventilator to. Then the final product I purchased a 6'X8' welding curtain to swing back behind me. This should contain all my sparks and smoke from emanating throughout the garage. Most of my welding is done outside the garage, but in the winter I do small stuff inside. My welding consists of tinkering and making stuff myself. I am by far not a welder but I can burn the [email protected] out of rods in an attempt to stick to pieces of metal together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts