Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Monday at 6 am I was at HD getting PVC parts as I redid part of the line from the pump to the pressure tank as I thought this might be my issue with the prime. It was orignally straight across to the tank and I created a "U" shape instead to hold more water hopefully for prime. Texted the plumber at 7am. he called around 9am told me I that I needed more water for prime since pump was off for so long. Headed to the neighbors to borrow some water. Thankfully I had 6 empty 1 gallon jugs around. He showed up at 10am and had pump primed by 10:30.

Rinsed presssure tank and 150 gal holding tank. Then let holding tank fill and so far no leaks. Onto the black filter tanks and huge leak !! Back to HD for parts. Funny thing was this part of the PVC, I did not touch. Due to the semi-complex connections between the 2 filter tanks, I left it original connections together. I cut lines above the red valve and below the out put of the second black filter tank. This part stayed together becasue the metal bypass/service connection plates hold everything in place. But somehow when putting it back together, I cracked a connector :banghead:

IMG_2991.jpg
Leak.JPG

Finally around 3pm on Monday, WATER !! I love running water !!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
UPDATE:

WOW, I can not believe how long it has been since I updated this thread...

At last post, I was just finishing up the well equipement hook up in early June which seems like a long time ago. Had a small leak appear about 2 weeks ago at one of the black filter tanks that required replacing a fitting. I had put up and painted the wood panel siding on the sides and started working on the extra generator trailer parking spot that will have a lean-too roof over it along with the rock pavers to drive tractor on. Plus 6 more loads of dirt for a total of 21 loads. Here are some general photos of that work.

IMG_3070.jpg
IMG_3074.jpg
IMG_3075.jpg
Painted Sides.jpg

Well as usually happens, I have too many things to work on at once and not enough time. I was very unhappy with the look of the wood siding so I did some research and found a place here in Orlando to buy pre painted metal siding and boy do I wish I would have just started with it... In total, I was going to have around $400 in wood paneling if I would have finished it(front and rear not done). With the metal, I am at $550 with trim. I hate that I wasted $200 on the paneling I put up plus paint, but the metal is a much better looking and I know it will hold up better long term. Should handle the high winds of a hurricane better also. Down side is you only get one shot at cutting it correctly the first time...

Pulled wood down Fri and put metal up. Still have to finish cutting out door area in the front.

Metal1.jpg
Metal2.jpg

And as you can tell from the last photo, I have turned the corner on the small retaining wall for the generator trailer pad. I need about 15 blocks to finish that up and some gravel.

Going this evening to get 3 4x4 posts so I can dig and set those this week for the lean too portion. Will finish up the back of the shed metal after I take down the original lean too(white)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I decided it was time to move my project from the "what did you do with MCUT" into the "barns/buildings" forum as I am mostly done using the 2038R and its become the wood and iron show right now. Spent some of last week and weekend working with wood and iron.

Everything is framed up, ready to go. I ordered these Perma Column wet-set holders for my 4x6 posts. $300 with shipping. They are steel with 18" rebar. Nice, heavy and will be way more support than needed but why do it half way when you can go overboard :laugh: (We do get the occasional hurricane here in Florida)

Half inch rebar all the way around including 1 piece of 4ft rebar driven 25" into the ground in almost every block alternating sides. Probably way too much iron but hopefully it will not ever move.

Now its a hurry up and wait on the concrete guys to lay down a solid 4" of concrete with the fiberglass in it. Final pad size 16'6" x 7'10". Will be using around 6 ft of it for well equipment and the rest for tractor accessories storage along with yard tool storage(shovels, racks etc).
Nice!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Here is some more updating to the shed. All of the exterior metal siding has been installed. Installed 3 of 4 corner pieces. Rear 4" round vents installed. Gutter on one side with some white marble rock with edging stones around base. Across the back, you can see the drain line from the gutter. All of my well spigots/filter drains will be put into this 4" line so it will all drain away from the shed. Installed 4 posts around well pump head so I can build a small building around it from the same siding. Ran the edging stones and white rock around the base of the well head so that when it gets covered, it will be less maintenance. Putting black plastic under all of the rock to try and stop weeds. Need to get another pallet of sod....

IMG_3215.jpg
IMG_3216.jpg
IMG_3217.jpg
IMG_3223.jpg
IMG_3224.jpg

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Finished up the rocks around the well pump head the week... Next comes the sheet metal sides to match the big shed and will need to put a small roof over the pump. And I need to get all of my hoses plumbed into the drainage pipe so that the 2 1"PVC pipes can go away.

IMG_3231.jpg
IMG_3232.jpg
IMG_3233.jpg

21 - 26 of 26 Posts