Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new 2015 550 XUV from my local J.D. dealer today. We will see if that was a wise decision reliability wise. Take delivery in a week. It has a number of options on it including protection package and the upgraded tires. Realtree hardwoods camp color. Adding a winch and a few other things. Would love to hear from other 550 owners.
Comments?
:gizmo:

·
Registered
11,640 Posts
that's great to hear, me-:dunno: i don't own a gator-yet:lol: did u get a roof and windshield with urs?? if u did--i know one fella who wants urs already then:lol: good luck with it, and most of all-have fun:bigthumb:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Options

Jim
It has a front brush guard, roof, bed rails, and the optional tires - max big horn?
I am adding a front winch & winch kit, transportable cover (I have a trailer with ramp already), glove box lock
Still thinking of what else to add.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Your Deere herd has a new member. Congratulations

·
Registered
11,640 Posts
Jim
It has a front brush guard, roof, bed rails, and the optional tires - max big horn?
I am adding a front winch & winch kit, transportable cover (I have a trailer with ramp already), glove box lock
that's a lot of goodies to play with-:bigthumb:did they throw a windshield in with ur roof.:laugh: I didn't know u could get a horn on one. i like that idea of a horn.:good2: is this a 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Jim
Let there be light..... you gotta add some lights!!!!

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I bought a new 2015 550 XUV from my local J.D. dealer today. We will see if that was a wise decision reliability wise. Take delivery in a week. It has a number of options on it including protection package and the upgraded tires. Realtree hardwoods camp color. Adding a winch and a few other things. Would love to hear from other 550 owners.
Comments?
:gizmo:
Congrats!
Post up some pics when you get er home.:good2:

I put our possible purchase on hold for a bit. We were about to get a small pole building built so it made more sense to do that first.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Awesome, congrats you'll love it. Will be waiting for pic's when you getter home.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
:congrats:

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,631 Posts
Jim
Does it have the rear bumper?
Congratulation :thumbup1gif:

that's a lot of goodies to play with-:bigthumb:did they throw a windshield in with ur roof.:laugh: I didn't know u could get a horn on one. i like that idea of a horn.:good2: is this a 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive?
Maxxis Bighorn TIRES :banghead: :lol:

·
Corndog Hater
11,102 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Other options and use.

Thank you to all for the replies - good ideas - keep them coming.
First - use: Just a fun vehicle - not going to drive it aggressively. The DW and I may take it down to some trails in S.E. OK in the spring/summer once or twice, but mainly driven around my home area (it's a mile to the two lane all on black top & we also have two old roads that are not much more than old wagon trails. Just mainly for use around here. I only have an acre & 1/4 and as my son in Nashville says "Dad you can't even turn the 3203 around on your own property"!! My reply? I don't care. When I bought the 1023 he thought I was nuts. I just keep smiling. Now I will have to add to the 24x30 shop I had built last spring - it's only money and you can't take it with you.
So no rear bumper - will add. J.D. thanks - how many hours do you have and any major problems?
Lights - I am thinking of Hella mounted on the roof - yes it has a roof. I am paying the dealer to add the windshield (bottom folds up and locks in to allow air flow), adding winch etc as mentioned earlier.
Other additions ??
Gun Rack
Overhead lights - do I need Hella or are the basic optional ones enough?
turn signals because I will be on roads here - kind of like a subdivision with lots from 1 - 5 acres but more country - no HOA. It has the upper brake light.
rear bumper,
What else do I need? I am told by the dealer service manager the head gasket issue is not a problem with the 2015. It doesn't get really cold here so we will see about shift cables/shift gates. Clutch I will change to last upgrade after some time on the machine. My local dealer here in Owasso OK has been nothing short of fabulous! I never had more than a ride on law mower before the 3032e.
Forgot one response - it is 2x4, 4x4 & 4x4 with diff lock.
Keep the ideas coming!!
Thank you all again.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Congrats on your purchase, sounds like the twin of the one we have

·
Registered
361 Posts
Overhead lights - do I need Hella or are the basic optional ones enough?
I would suggest having LED lights installed either on the roof or front bumper. Another suggestion is having lights on the roof facing the bed (rear) . They are really nice for backing up and illuminating the bed at night.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Photos

I will be happy to post photos if someone can explain to this old man how to post photos here either directly from my iphone or from my computer.
Sorry all I don't have it home yet - maybe next week - depends on how long it takes to install all the options. I will post when I get it home.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts