Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I miscalculated and have about a gallon and a half of total vegetation control mix left in my backpack sprayer. I sprayed fence and since it's my first time using it, I didn't go crazy with it. Can I let it sit in my sprayer for a few days to see if I need to hit the fence more?

If not, any ideas on how I get rid of it? The only other spots I want to spray are around the garden. so I can't do that until later. I guess I could dump it into a 5 gallon bucket with a lid...

·
Registered
686 Posts
A few days in the sprayer should be fine. I saved a few gallons of Roundup for a few months - not a good idea.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Depends on the sprayer, but if its rated for harsher chemicals, it should be fine. Ive left Glyphosate (generic roundup) mixed in a sprayer for a month or two, and no issues at all. Worked as well the second time around as the first.
Now, I did that in a different sprayer, and it destroyed the seals and rusted the spring in the handle....so depending on the sprayer, YMMV.
A few days, or a few weeks wont hurt a thing.

Reactions: Bubber

·
Registered
23,075 Posts
Depends on the sprayer, but if its rated for harsher chemicals, it should be fine. Ive left Glyphosate (generic roundup) mixed in a sprayer for a month or two, and no issues at all. Worked as well the second time around as the first.
Now, I did that in a different sprayer, and it destroyed the seals and rusted the spring in the handle....so depending on the sprayer, YMMV.
A few days, or a few weeks wont hurt a thing.
Same results here.

I have a 15 gal Fimco spot sprayer. I mix a full tank batch usually around this time of year. My first time out I will use about 1/2 the tank full. Then it sits for most of the summer just using a little bit here and there occasionally.
So mine will sit with some mix in it for most of 4 months in varying amounts. Been doing this for years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts