Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m always looking for a deal and I’m cheap so I can spend my money on things I really want :laugh:
Figured I’d start this thread to help each other out. So If you come across a good deal post it here. Whether it’s stone pavers, TVs, hand tools, etc.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
I was buying some clamps and they were $39.98 at my local store:

39.98.png

Was messing around and didn't think about my VPN being connected, my store got set to Passiac, NJ and Viola! they were magically $34.97.

34.97.png

I ordered 8, they shipped them for free and I saved $40. :good2:

Home Depot has lost their minds, but it worked out for me.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts

View attachment 688202

Was messing around and didn't think about my VPN being connected, my store got set to Passiac, NJ and Viola! they were magically $34.97.

View attachment 688204

That's funny, but I wonder if it was due to your VPN. Every time I look at something on HD's site they have my store set to Sioux City, Iowa. And I haven't used a VPN in a long time. I have reset this on their site to my store I don't know how many times, when I order anything I've never had it shipped to Sioux City, but next time I go to their site they have me back in Sioux City. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Dang, that's a deal

Miller High Life
30 Pack $14.99
You're losing money by not drinking it!
Except that would be a year's supply for me, that's a good deal.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Unbelievable, completely unusual and unexpected........Harbor Freight is having a sale:laugh::lol::lolol:

If the day of the week ends in a "Y", it's likely a sale day at HF.......The challenge is to buy when it's NOT on sale......:laugh: I get their rubber gloves since my local tool store went out after HF came to town. Otherwise, not too many real tools I buy from them. Mostly consumables like zip ties, gloves, etc.

If you need brand name tools, Tyler tool often has some very good deals. Let me tell you, once they get your email address, they will send you one on just about anything you even look at on their site, their cookie monster is very organized keeping track of everyone's browsing habits, that's for sure.

But they do have some of the best prices on brand name tools I have seen......Got my 20v Dewalt grease gun, which Amazon sells for $234, Tyler sold it for $199 and I also got a free 1/4" Drive 20v Impact and a spare 20v Dewalt Battery and charger, all for $199. The retail value of the "free" items exceeded the price I paid for just the grease gun kit......which also included the 20v battery, charger and hard side carry case. That was nearly $450 worth of 20v DeWalt tools and batteries for $199............

Plus you pick up the battery adapter so you can use the new 20v batteries in your 18v DeWalt tools........keeps the old tools very functional with better batteries and at a lower cost than buying the new 18v batteries.

They are running an extra 15% off all DeWalt saws right now........

15% off DeWALT Saws

·
Premium Member
7,460 Posts
That's funny, but I wonder if it was due to your VPN. Every time I look at something on HD's site they have my store set to Sioux City, Iowa. And I haven't used a VPN in a long time. I have reset this on their site to my store I don't know how many times, when I order anything I've never had it shipped to Sioux City, but next time I go to their site they have me back in Sioux City. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
You may not have your location set up in "settings" or you are not allowing access to your location, by default settings. :dunno:

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
You may not have your location set up in "settings" or you are not allowing access to your location, by default settings. :dunno:
Dunno, don't see this with any other place I've ever ordered from online, only Home Depot. Walmart, Sam's Club, Lowe's, etc. all remember where I am. I think it's just the people who run HD's computers. I tell my wife all the time, we have 21st century computers and technology, but too often 20th century people trying to run them. :laugh:

·
Registered
770 Posts
Unbelievable, completely unusual and unexpected........Harbor Freight is having a sale:laugh::lol::lolol:

If the day of the week ends in a "Y", it's likely a sale day at HF.......The challenge is to buy when it's NOT on sale......:laugh: I get their rubber gloves since my local tool store went out after HF came to town. Otherwise, not too many real tools I buy from them. Mostly consumables like zip ties, gloves, etc.

If you need brand name tools, Tyler tool often has some very good deals. Let me tell you, once they get your email address, they will send you one on just about anything you even look at on their site, their cookie monster is very organized keeping track of everyone's browsing habits, that's for sure.

But they do have some of the best prices on brand name tools I have seen......Got my 20v Dewalt grease gun, which Amazon sells for $234, Tyler sold it for $199 and I also got a free 1/4" Drive 20v Impact and a spare 20v Dewalt Battery and charger, all for $199. The retail value of the "free" items exceeded the price I paid for just the grease gun kit......which also included the 20v battery, charger and hard side carry case. That was nearly $450 worth of 20v DeWalt tools and batteries for $199............

Plus you pick up the battery adapter so you can use the new 20v batteries in your 18v DeWalt tools........keeps the old tools very functional with better batteries and at a lower cost than buying the new 18v batteries.

They are running an extra 15% off all DeWalt saws right now........

15% off DeWALT Saws

fwiw .....i really like HF hand tools....i buy sets (lol on sale) ....i keep a set handy sometimes when i need a special shaped wrench for example i grab a torch heat it up and bend it to fit....or cut a section out of the box ends etc.....i dont feel at all bad about modifying their stuff vs my vintage snap-on...craftsman stuff i paid a arm n leg for back in the day..... +1 on the Tyler tool and CPO outlets for dewalt and other stuff

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WiFi garage door opener and closer. You can check if you left your garage door open while you are out and about. I believe you can also set it to let you know if it’s been open for a certain amount of time.
I have it already and it’s super simple to install.

It’s great for that wife that thinks they left the garage door open every single day :laugh:

MyQ Smart Garage Door Opener Chamberlain MYQ-G0301 - Wireless & Wi-Fi enabled Garage Hub with Smartphone Control MyQ Smart Garage Door Opener Chamberlain MYQ-G0301 - Wireless Wi-Fi enabled Garage Hub with Smartphone Control - - Amazon.com

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Buffing Supplies, Blast Cabinets, Air Tools

TP Tools is having a Father's Day sale.

They run this type of promo every few months. I purchase my buffing supplies and even my Baldor 2hp stand mounted buffer from them. They also have a good line of blast cabinets and supplies. In addition, I have a few of their name branded hand held buffers and specialty air tools.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts

View attachment 688202

View attachment 688204

My bride and children complain I'm hard to purchase gifts for. Something about having everything they can afford. My response is, "Woodworking clamps are a sure bet. There is no such thing as too many."

I just finished building a poly lumber bench around the outer perimeter of the deck octagon. I'm sure I had no less than 30 bar clamps, in various lengths, in use on at some point with that project.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
WiFi garage door opener and closer. You can check if you left your garage door open while you are out and about. I believe you can also set it to let you know if it’s been open for a certain amount of time.
I have it already and it’s super simple to install.

It’s great for that wife that thinks they left the garage door open every single day :laugh:

MyQ Smart Garage Door Opener Chamberlain MYQ-G0301 - Wireless & Wi-Fi enabled Garage Hub with Smartphone Control MyQ Smart Garage Door Opener Chamberlain MYQ-G0301 - Wireless Wi-Fi enabled Garage Hub with Smartphone Control - - Amazon.com
I bet there are already bad guys who know how to open your garage door via their smartphone with this nifty new technology...

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I bet there are already bad guys who know how to open your garage door via their smartphone with this nifty new technology...
I am sure there are. Prolly the same guys that know how to bust out a window :lol:
I’m a firm believer in “locks are only meant to keep out honest people out”
If they want what’s in my house ain’t no camera, door lock, or electronic device keeping them out. So I’d rather have the stuff around for my pleasure.

So I don’t let it bother me to much. If my garage door opens it notifies me. My cameras around my house and front door also notify me. So I can watch the thief in action :lolol:

I mean jd uses the same keys for their tractors :lol:

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Oops

Rural King has this deal on DeWalt 18v to 20v adapter with 2 20v batteries and charger for $99. Best price I've seen for this combo so I just ordered another one.

DeWalt stuff
I slid over into the RK gun sale side. Some pretty nice deals there as well. Good thing I don't have an RK close. . .

Treefarmer

1 - 20 of 27 Posts