I pulled our pump years ago because pressure would take forever to build up. After I installed the new pump I took the old pump apart. The pump propellers were about completely gone. The new pump ran about 1/3 the time the old one did to build up pressure. The new pump used less power to run even though the ratings were the same as the old pump.Time for an update.
First from earlier in the morning when I pulled the T. This is the inside and then the port that was plugged for the pressure gauge.
I used a screwdriver to clear the sediment and when I put it together the pressure gauge worked so I was able to see that I could only get 53 or so PSI. It was time to call in the professionals.