Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I really wanted to stay green but could not justify the price of a diesel unit

I've only been able to run it about 10 minutes as it was raining but the thing is a beast. I am amazed at how much bigger a 72" deck is as compared to 60"

ZD326H brochure

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
:bigthumb:
:lol:

Nice.

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
I really wanted to stay green but could not justify the price of a diesel unit

I've only been able to run it about 10 minutes as it was raining but the thing is a beast. I am amazed at how much bigger a 72" deck is as compared to 60"

ZD326H brochure[/QU

They sale green paint in a rattle can:usa
Gizmo hid all of it.

We are forming a line....

·
Old Pa-pa
11,408 Posts
Nice looking machine! :good2:
Love the 72" deck!
My buddy who convinced me to buy a Z turn has a Kubota, 72" deck, 30HP diesel, been going strong for 2 years.
I keep telling him we're going to have to race one day. :lol:

·
Premium Member
14,102 Posts
That is a nice machine.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all.....I was in the shop way to late last night looking over and under the machine, the wife had to come get me for bed. Dealer did great setting up the deck, it was dead on level side to side and 1/4" inch low front to back.

The sticks react much faster to input as compared to other ZTRs I demoed but I am certain I'll get accustomed to that.

·
Registered
10,270 Posts
Very nice. :bigthumb: Ain't nothing wrong with that. But, if you really wanted Green, maybe Gizmo2 could do some painting on it. :lolol:

Oh, never mind. Only color tough-up paint he has is black. :unknown:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,051 Posts
psrumors, Do you mind sharing the price? If not that's ok too.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice machine!

In my equipment dreaming if I were to get a zero-turn again I have already settled on the Kubota diesel but probably the 60" deck - don't want to cut down too much on my mowing time. Nice to hear about the good seat.
Well, I have my 5 acres and my dads ~7 acres to cut so I should get pretty good seat time.

psrumors, Do you mind sharing the price? If not that's ok too.
With insurance (which is very comparable to JD insurance) it was $13k out the door. Kubota was offering .99% for 60 months or 0% for 48.

Hopefully I'll get several decades of use out of it.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,196 Posts
Looking good psrumors. Nobody on here cares what color it is or the brand. If you like it that is all that matters. One thing about the color, they can see you coming. :bigthumb: :laugh:

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
With insurance (which is very comparable to JD insurance) it was $13k out the door.
Just wondering on this. What do you mean by insurance? Extended warranty of sort or like accidental damage/theft insurance? I ask because when I got my Z950R I never asked about insurance from the dealer. I did reach out to my homeowner's insurance (USAA) and they said a lawn mower would be covered under my normal policy. I explained this is a commercial mower not a push mower and she asked if I was using it for business. I said no, just cutting my grass. Then she said I would be covered under my current coverage (minus deductible) and that it doesn't need a rider. Of course it eats into the coverage we have as it would fall under the personal property coverage which is a % of the total home value. However I already have a max % that they allow on this so the only way to get more $$$ coverage was to inflate the home value. I am still on the fence on if I do this or not and can do it anytime. I have not only all my shop but also my X585 and attachments that would all fall under this category.

·
Registered
21,455 Posts
The suspension seat on mine is the most comfortable of any machine I have owned.
That was my main concern when I've been arm-chair shopping. Of course I am a dedicated Deere fanatic but the ride and seat seemed to be lacking a bit. Thanks to NEWT posting some great comparisons I zoned in on Ferris right away. Beautiful machines with the suspension but they are pricy. Plus looking at the closest dealer being 75 miles away and is a lumber yard - doesn't give the best feeling about warranty issues.

And I am dead set against buying anything that runs on gasoline now - Ferris is like Deere with only their largest machines available with a diesel. The Kubota 3xx is a nice smaller machine which is the right size for me and has a diesel.

I then settled on Kubota with the rocking front axle - and the ability to lift the front end with it is a huge plus. But this is the first I've heard of the actual seat on the Kubota Zs - nice to hear!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts