Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Huber.jpg

This is a 1926 Huber 32-45 that my grandfather bought right after the "Great Depression". He switched it over from steel wheels to rubber tires on rims shortly after he bought it. He started out doing field work with it and developed a "threshing business" which the neighboring farmers hired him for years using it on the threshing machine. Some years later it found it's way in a permanent spot on grandpas sawmill which is where it stayed until grandpa passed away in 1968, then my father brought it home, aired up the original tires, got it running again and re-painted it. This was around 1970.......fast forward to 1995.....the Huber had sat in the barn for all these years, dad retired, sold the farm and began restoring/restificating tractors ever since. The Huber got repainted by my son and dad found someone to hand paint the pinstriping, and lettering. This summer it is my goal to take it to a tractor show and maybe, with some luck, someone will let me belt it up to a threshing machine again.

This old Huber will stay in the family, dad has it willed to me when he passes.....when I'm gone one of my sons will inherit it and I hope the cycle continues.

If anyone is interested in seeing more of the Huber, I will take some more pictures and update this thread.

·
Administrator
17,265 Posts
WOW, yes please...MORE PICS! :thumbup1gif:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
That's awesome! Not only is it a cool tractor that you don't see very many of, but the family history really makes it something to treasure.

I'd love to see any other pictures of it you'd like to share. :good2:
^^^^^That! I love old tractors, and the history behind them!

·
Premium Member
5,810 Posts
I vote for more pictures as well! ~~ Lowell

·
Administrator
20,352 Posts
Please! More pics! :munch: I love old iron.

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Killer old iron!

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
What a great piece of history! Awesome story!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And any other cool old iron you have!
Oh boy.....we have quite a collection of old iron......I can do a story on each one if that would be of interest to you all.

The next story I do will be about this Silver King. (after pictures promised for this story on the Huber)

The gentleman in this picture is my dad, he is 89 now and is currently doing a Massey Harris "Pony"project. I help him out with these projects when I am able and he needs the help.

th_100_3377.jpg

·
Administrator
20,352 Posts
Yes (to all of them) please!:drinks::thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
20,352 Posts
There's a couple of Silver Kings around here. I don't know much about them other than they are rare.

Attachments

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know much about them other than they are rare.
They are rare and were originally named Plymouth, however the Plymouth car company had a lawsuit against the tractor company and the name was changed to Silver King. If I remember the date correctly Plymouth tractor came out in 1934 and existed as Plymouth until 1935 when it was changed to Silver King. If you ever run across a Plymouth tractor....snatch it up quickly, they are very rare.

·
Administrator
20,352 Posts
Nice shop and great collection! :drinks:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts