Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new to us addition arrived today courtesy of CL. It's a Kubota M6800- not the "wish" tractor for sure as it's shy a few horses and only 2wd but with the price we paid it may have to be good enough. So far, there doesn't seem to be much wrong with it although the starter cranks it slower than I would like. That may be the battery cables, ground or something similar. Fortunately, it seems to start with less than one full revolution so maybe that's just the way it is.

Hopefully it will do what we need, if not we probably can get our money back selling it again. The bucket on the loader has almost no wear so as we switch to a skid steer mount, that bucket may be for sale. It's fine except the pin on brackets are continuous welded to the loader and it would be a lot of grinding to switch to skid steer mounts.

Here it is on the previous owner's trailer. There wasn't an inch to spare.

20180126_133347_resized (2).jpg

Treefarmer

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
General tractor use

If it's enough tractor and works well, we'll use it with hay: mowing, tedding, raking and baling. Then in reasonable weather it will be the hay feed tractor. Other than hay, it's just general use. Back blade, FEL, loading dirt, rock etc.

It will either replace or supplement and IH 784. It's not as much tractor so we'll have to see if it's enough tractor although the IH is tired, mighty tired.

Treefarmer

·
Premium Member
14,102 Posts
:congrats ::green(orange) tractorride: :laugh:

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
We will see

Congrats, Treefarmer. :bigthumb:
We will see how it works out. I'm comfortable it will run the mower, tedder, rake. The baler might be a challenge just because this tractor is considerably lighter than the 784 and the baler is a heavy Vermeer. With a close to full bale in the baler, it will weigh more than the tractor. We have fairly flat fields or it would have been a no go for sure.

Oh well, we've got some time to shake it out and make sure everything works like it should before starting any hay. The first challenge will be matching up the hydraulic fittings with our equipment and switching the FEL to skid steer mounts.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not my Ford

Well, at least you are pulling it with a Ford! :laugh:

Congratulations on the new tractor. Lookin good!
It was a nice truck- not mine but a nice truck anyway. That's the former owner's rig. The rear tractor tires were touching the trailer rails on both sides.

Treefarmer

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
Congrats Treefarmer!

A new tractor is a new tractor. Farmgirl would make some kind of "pink tractor" comment though. :lol:

There are several Kubota loaders that they make SSQA adapters for. Not sure how old this one is but with the pin to pin measurements, you might find something that will pin right on to it.

If you do, I still have an Artillian SSQA fork frame...............

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pink

Congrats Treefarmer!

A new tractor is a new tractor. Farmgirl would make some kind of "pink tractor" comment though. :lol:

There are several Kubota loaders that they make SSQA adapters for. Not sure how old this one is but with the pin to pin measurements, you might find something that will pin right on to it.

If you do, I still have an Artillian SSQA fork frame...............
It is faded but not quite to the pink stage yet. However, FG can comment all she wants- she always livens things up and I'm sorry she hasn't had time to be on GTT much lately.

There are quite a few adapters being offered on the net. I think Kubota did offer the LA1002 loader with a SSQA attachment but lots of other sources. If we don't go with a Kubota source, it will probably be something made in the US. Chinese made can be great or it can be not so great and I don't want to be grinding, straightening and welding on something that should be a straight forward swap.

Forks would be nice for sure. We already have a SSQA bale spear but that's good only for hay or something that doesn't mind being punctured. I'll keep you in mind as we get it swapped over.

Treefarmer

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
It is faded but not quite to the pink stage yet. However, FG can comment all she wants- she always livens things up and I'm sorry she hasn't had time to be on GTT much lately.

There are quite a few adapters being offered on the net. I think Kubota did offer the LA1002 loader with a SSQA attachment but lots of other sources. If we don't go with a Kubota source, it will probably be something made in the US. Chinese made can be great or it can be not so great and I don't want to be grinding, straightening and welding on something that should be a straight forward swap.

Forks would be nice for sure. We already have a SSQA bale spear but that's good only for hay or something that doesn't mind being punctured. I'll keep you in mind as we get it swapped over.

Treefarmer
:good2:

·
Registered
11,753 Posts
:congrats: TREEFARMER. i hope ya have lots of good luck with ur new to u tractor. never been around that size of Kubota.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That makes two of us

:congrats: TREEFARMER. i hope ya have lots of good luck with ur new to u tractor. never been around that size of Kubota.
LOL, neither have I. In fact before this one, I had only been on 1 Kubota. My neighbor had a BX machine and was trying to push snow with it. He wasn't having much luck so I finished up a corner for him. I probably ran it for 30 minutes or so- I didn't particularly like the heel and toe pedal. This one doesn't have that as it's a gear tractor with a shuttle shift.

Tried to figure out the rear hydraulic connections. It has two sets of remotes, one is obviously the regular connection and appears to be ISO. However, when we tried to plug an ISO connector in it it was no go. I think there has to be something that slides in order for the balls to retract but there's no collar that moves on these, at least not yet. The previous owner never used the rear remotes so it may have been quite a while since anything has been plugged into them.

The other set of remotes can be pushed forward in the mounting block from behind and then the ISO coupler works correctly. That leads me to believe the first coupler has something that's frozen. If so, it's not apparent. The worst case scenario is to replace two couplers- not so bad.

Compared to our other tractors, the Kubota starter spins it slowly. It's a relatively small starter compared to the engine size. I don't know if the starter is dragging or that's just the way it's designed since it starts pretty well. If I knew more about Kubotas, it would be easier to sort some of this stuff out. I guess we'll learn as we go.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks to all of you

Thanks to all of you with nice comments on the new to us tractor. It's not new or even green so y'all are very good with the congratulations and kind words. I should have replied to each one but I've been busy looking at tractor stuff. . . Actually, I'm just lazy and possibly a little rude but trying to get better. . .

Treefarmer

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Congrats on the tractor. Enjoy it. Be Safe:good2:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,051 Posts
Thanks to all of you with nice comments on the new to us tractor. It's not new or even green so y'all are very good with the congratulations and kind words. I should have replied to each one but I've been busy looking at tractor stuff. . . Actually, I'm just lazy and possibly a little rude but trying to get better. . .

Treefarmer
Nothing wrong with having a good used orange tractor, IMO. :thumbup1gif:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts