Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a saying here in Eastern NC...."If you don't like the weather just stand still for 10 minutes, it'll change".
Apparently, this goes for our ladies thought processes sometimes also.
My lovely bride of 40+ years last week was hell-bent on a smaller mower, we went and looked at a X750, she was.....eh, yeah, ok.
Next day, she decides she doesn't like the smell of a diesel, and we look at a X738. She says, ok.
We go in 2 days later to get the paperwork in order, all of a sudden she decides we don't need 4-wheel drive, and picks the X730.
Now she's happy, right? Ugh............no. She decides she CAN make herself comfortable AND put up with the diesel smell.
Sooooooooo.......long story short, we are keeping the 1023E, much to the unhappiness of the prospective buyer, (who was having a hard time getting financed due to whatever problems he had with his credit portfolio).
I'm just setting here, typing, not knowing which way the wind will blow next......... :hide:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Put your foot down-

One right after the other one following behind her at the dealership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
My personal observations over the years is that it is always best for the MAN to specify mechanical equipment. It almost sounds like she is trying to tone down the noise, vibration and harshness factor that goes with mowing. To her credit a gas X series would be quieter and smoother in the yard. Maybe she decided it wasn't a big enough increase in comfort to take such a beating on the 1 series you have.

I went tractor shopping for two years with my girlfriend. We looked at orange, blue, yellow and green. Every time she worked a deal and found out the price she bucked and left. Finally I said now I need a machine and we got a pretty good deal buying 2. Of course she wishes she had bought hers years ago now... But you should see the smile on her face when she is mowing and tilling.

·
Registered
11,884 Posts
We have a saying here in Eastern NC...."If you don't like the weather just stand still for 10 minutes, it'll change".
Apparently, this goes for our ladies thought processes sometimes also.
My lovely bride of 40+ years last week was hell-bent on a smaller mower, we went and looked at a X750, she was.....eh, yeah, ok.
Next day, she decides she doesn't like the smell of a diesel, and we look at a X738. She says, ok.
We go in 2 days later to get the paperwork in order, all of a sudden she decides we don't need 4-wheel drive, and picks the X730.
Now she's happy, right? Ugh............no. She decides she CAN make herself comfortable AND put up with the diesel smell.
Sooooooooo.......long story short, we are keeping the 1023E, much to the unhappiness of the prospective buyer, (who was having a hard time getting financed due to whatever problems he had with his credit portfolio).
I'm just setting here, typing, not knowing which way the wind will blow next......... :hide:
Bill:

You do realize that you don't have a monopoly, don't you? :laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Like any smart married man knows , as long as momma is happy , everyone is happy !! My wife likes OUR new X580 !!! :flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bill:

You do realize that you don't have a monopoly, don't you? :laugh:
Actually, I'm very HAPPY she finally realized I was right, again, in my original purchase of the 1023e.
It took a little talk with our youngest son Elvis out in the "ManCave Shop", in private, for him to 'splain to momma' that what she wanted didn't make a lot of sense when it came to the dollar count and loss of $$$ already spent less than 2years ago. To let something like the 1023e go for almost a $3G loss in less than 2 years wasn't too practical.
Sometimes, dad has to bring in "the secret weapon"........... :lol:

·
Registered
913 Posts
If the wind doesn't blow the diesel smell away, you could offer to get her some engine perfume. It comes in several scents, if she'd prefe something other than grape.

scent.jpg

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Actually, I'm very HAPPY she finally realized I was right, again, in my original purchase of the 1023e.
It took a little talk with our youngest son Elvis out in the "ManCave Shop", in private, for him to 'splain to momma' that what she wanted didn't make a lot of sense when it came to the dollar count and loss of $$$ already spent less than 2years ago. To let something like the 1023e go for almost a $3G loss in less than 2 years wasn't too practical.
Sometimes, dad has to bring in "the secret weapon"........... :lol:
I just want to know what diesel smell? The gov't took that away a few years ago.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Nice success story Bill.:mocking: My wife and I built a new house together.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
22,658 Posts
My personal observations over the years is that it is always best for the MAN to specify mechanical equipment. It almost sounds like she is trying to tone down the noise, vibration and harshness factor that goes with mowing. To her credit a gas X series would be quieter and smoother in the yard. Maybe she decided it wasn't a big enough increase in comfort to take such a beating on the 1 series you have.

I went tractor shopping for two years with my girlfriend. We looked at orange, blue, yellow and green. Every time she worked a deal and found out the price she bucked and left. Finally I said now I need a machine and we got a pretty good deal buying 2. Of course she wishes she had bought hers years ago now... But you should see the smile on her face when she is mowing and tilling.
The only time Mrs. C had been in the Deere dealership was to bring cookies and jam - she never wanted to be involved with equipment purchases. Same with vehicles but I insist she come along there so she can help remember everything the salesman is saying and to keep me from getting my "tunnel vision".

Of course there is a difference here - she won't touch my tractors or truck......

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
:lol: Very cool Bill. :thumbup1gif:
Men are always right, at least I am. :lol:
Giz, can we get babycakes to weigh in on this????? I would love to hear her end of this! :nunu: :laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,410 Posts
Giz, can we get babycakes to weigh in on this????? I would love to her her end of this! :nunu: :laugh:
She will say the same thing. I tell her all the time. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
Nice Post Bill, I would be willing to guess you are not the first and nor the last to have this quandary! Me; the wife stays out of my portion of responsibilities totally.. I guess i'm a very lucky guy after being with her for 43 years with no kids to put blame on! I don't even tell her I am headed out to buy a tractor or implement! When I had my 450E dozer delivered it was a surprise to her and she said nothing about it except that's a nice Dozer Mr. Taylor.. How sweet is that! But then again I don't tell her she can't get her hair done for a couple hundred bucks either! Guess it works both ways.. Good luck Bill..

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
She will say the same thing. I tell her all the time. :lol:
Luckily for you she isn't standing behind you right now!!!!! :mocking:

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
The only time Mrs. C had been in the Deere dealership was to bring cookies and jam - she never wanted to be involved with equipment purchases. Same with vehicles but I insist she come along there so she can help remember everything the salesman is saying and to keep me from getting my "tunnel vision".

Of course there is a difference here - she won't touch my tractors or truck......
The last vehicle my wife bought she just wanted me there to test drive, it was used. Yep no discount on price or any concessions. She has no idea how haggling works but it is her pay check not mine. You never tell the sales guy this is the only car for me. :banghead:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,736 Posts
:lol: Very cool Bill. :thumbup1gif:
Men are always right, at least I am. :lol:
Of course we are, but we men should speak of this fact only amongst ourselves......................:lol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,410 Posts
Luckily for you she isn't standing behind you right now!!!!! :mocking:
:good2:
It sure is hard portraying a real man on here.:lol:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts