Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2019 1025r
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All done with Champion 4500 wench install. Wiring went great, home made bracket works fantastic. I’m very happy with the final results . Now off to pull logs out of the ditch for winter firewood.

Attachments

·
Registered
496 Posts
I wonder how much juice that will pull out of the battery? The tractor batteries aren‘t very big in my opinion.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,360 Posts
I wonder how much juice that will pull out of the battery? The tractor batteries aren‘t very big in my opinion.
Maybe true but in a bind it only has to work once.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Looks good👍

·
Premium Member
18,088 Posts
Looks good, wondering the same will it interfer with fel stand or removal.
as for the battery drain, leave tractor running at mid to full throttle battery should be fine.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Does your wife know you are playing the field with the Wenches? Looks good for a Winch otherwise. any measurements on the mounts you made?

·
Premium Member
6,135 Posts
Nice! Be sure to post some action shots of your wench

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Sundancer286
I read so many people spell it that way, I gave up and go with the flow. I been running wenches fun in tended on my trucks since 1971. One time with a come-a-long was enough👍

·
Premium Member
12,771 Posts
Nicely done. If you do have any issues with the winch pulling too much electricity from the battery, you can always change the alternator on the tractor to double the factory output, such as the alternator added when the cab is used on the 1 series. Just shop online as there is no point in paying $450 from Deere for the alternator when you can get the very same unit for about 1/4 that amount.

If you happen to have any pictures of the bracket alone before installing the winch, that would be great to see if you can post them. You have the winch tucked up nice and tight against the end of the frame, which is how it should be done.

The installation looks great. Now, winch those logs and leave the "wenches" alone.................. ;) (y)

·
Premium Member
9,208 Posts
For my Mule, I bought "Wench Power" switch. I did not like the idea of my winch being "hot" at all times. I have not decided whether to add a continuous duty solenoid to the main power wire or have the switch power the remote.
I am also considering swapping the wire for rope.
Product Rectangle Font Paper Magenta

I bought a Mile Marker M5 5000lb winch.
I seen some "racy" switches for sale that make my wench switch pretty tame.
Font Rectangle Gadget Multimedia Display device
Product Azure Rectangle Material property Font

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Not trying to make fun of the OP but I can’t help it. Picture a woman dressed like a washer woman would have in the 1700’s, standing in a end loader bucket, hauling on a rope pulling logs out of a gulley.

·
Premium Member
9,208 Posts
Not trying to make fun of the OP but I can’t help it. Picture a woman dressed like a washer woman would have in the 1700’s, standing in a end loader bucket, hauling on a rope pulling logs out of a gulley.
That's a work wench.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Looks great! Don't forget to compliment it with a snatch block or two. (y)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts