Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Proud new owner of a JD 4310. I owned a kubota L2500 for years and to be honest I was very satisfied with the tractor. It was a simply designed tractor but the tractor is bombproof. Never had one issue with.

So far I haven't owned the JD long enough to have a concrete opinion on it but so far I am pleased with the purchase. It definitely is a larger and more stout tractor but so far not impressed much with the industrial tires over the ags I had on the kubota. Those ag tires would go through anything.

Was originally looking for a full hydrostatic but this tractor came up and was too good of a deal to pass up. The main reason I ended up switching from orange to green was I needed a tractor that was a little more user friendly for the Mrs. to use. I call it her tractor because she will probably put more hours on it than I will since I work away from home so that leaves a lot of the chores to her.

The 4310 has a front mount snowblower where my kubota had a 3pt which I am certain will make the chore a whole lot easier for her to tackle. Personally I like preferred the 3pt because I always liked the ability to have the FEL available for rolling snowbanks and cleaning out the mailbox.

Overall I feel I made a good purchase so far. The dealer I worked through was fantastic. The availability of parts online seems limitless and most importantly the wife loves the tractor and is much more comfortable using it.

Im also a proud owner of an old Oliver Super55 hence the reason of my chat so I have been "green" before I ever got my JD.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
:wgtt:

From CT

Pics please. We love pics

·
Administrator
20,713 Posts

Congrats on your new tractor! We'd love to see it and your Oliver. :good2:

·
Registered
4,417 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,488 Posts
Welcome to GTT Super55.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
:gtfam:

And I too would like to see pics of the Oliver, and new tractor!

Glad that your wife has a tractor now! Congrats on the new machine!!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Welcome from another Michigander and congrats on the new green machine.
Are you above or below the "Big Mac"?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the warm welcome everybody. I was digging through my picture file and to my dismay I don't have any pics of my tractors at the moment. Not too worry though, My wife said she would take some pics of my green machines and send them to me.

Vern as much as I would love to say that I'm a Yooper I currently still qualify a Michigan troll status. I'm in the pinky of the state just outside of Traverse City.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Good change, well done - welcome to greentractor talk ildeere.gif

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
Welcome to the group.

Another vote for pictures, especially the Oliver.

·
Super Moderator
5,542 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Premium Member
14,735 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia

·
Registered
287 Posts
Congrats on the new tractor!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow what a warm welcome. Thank you all.

Can't wait to jump in on some of the conversations in the forum. Give you guys a little history about what I do with my tractors. I do a fair amount of food plotting and hobby farming with the old ollie and the JD. In fact most of my planting implements are John deere. I have an old 290 planter, JD/Van Brunt grain drill and an old drop spreader for laying down lime. Most of these implements are over 50 years old but what can I say JD has always made a good product. I have slew of other implements as well. Some people might even say I have an addiction to farm implements.

What can I say. I probably do to some extent. I am a big Craigslist junkie. If I see a implement that I might be able to use for a steal of a price I'll pick it up. Most of these things always need some sort of repair of some sort but with a welder, cutting torch and a little ingenuity one can get them back up and out in the fields.

To be perfectly honest Im already thinking about possibly getting another JD eventually. Wife has one now only seems fair that I should have one too. :pray:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts