Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hate it when that happens.

I went to my JD dealer for a service filter pack. I have been wanting more tractor for awhile, but couldn't swing the price increase to a larger 2 series. Well, after seeing and driving around a 3025E, I fell in LOVE. As soon as I started it and heard that low RPM diesel idle, I knew I was screwed!

I traded my 2025R TLB with 60D for a 3025E, loader, 370 BH and 72" finish mower. After the incentives it was basically a wash,well somewhat, it is slightly more because I am taking a hit on the trade. I'm super excited and the 3 series is HUGE compared to the 2025R and much more strength.

I haven't even told the wife yet, I posted here first. It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Nice! What are you getting her to soften the blow?

·
Registered
362 Posts
We will be expecting some photos....

·
Registered
1,518 Posts

·
Premium Member
781 Posts

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
[/QUOTE]
I haven't even told the wife yet, I posted here first. It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.
What a great opportunity to live stream the event...🍿

·
Registered
43 Posts
Very nice move indeed! I just brought home a 270b backhoe attachment last week. My wife asked me where I got it and I said we always had it but she just never noticed. When asked why I had it out only now, I said it was to remodel the pool area. She stopped asking questions after that.

·
Premium Member
13,621 Posts

What a great opportunity to live stream the event...[/QUOTE]

Sure to be an instant classic

Nice up grade for sure, the low idle/quietness of my 38 was the first thing my wife noticed too.
She said “oh wow, we can talk even with the tractor running “

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Don't get me wrong, I love my 2025R. If it wasn't for loader capacity I would have never upgraded. That machine has done everything I've thrown at it. The backhoe has loads of power for the size, I de-stumped my entire area that was once woods for my new shop, pulling 16" oak stumps. It took awhile, but I got it down to a science that took 45-60 min per stump. That machine saved me over 18K in excavation work, it owes me nothing.

If I had the money, I'd actually keep the 2025R. I would be willing to do a detailed review video of each machine and my opinions on them if anyone would be interested. It will be awhile before i take delivery of the 3025E, however.

Happy fathers day to all the dads out there!

·
Premium Member
9,094 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I love my 2025R. If it wasn't for loader capacity I would have never upgraded. That machine has done everything I've thrown at it. The backhoe has loads of power for the size, I de-stumped my entire area that was once woods for my new shop, pulling 16" oak stumps. It took awhile, but I got it down to a science that took 45-60 min per stump. That machine saved me over 18K in excavation work, it owes me nothing.

If I had the money, I'd actually keep the 2025R.

Happy fathers day to all the dads out there!
Now that would be a true test of your wife's patience. You could handle future projects "twice as fast" with your wife on one machine and you on another...

Just curious, is the 2025r with the 60D your primary mowing machine now? And is the rear finish mower going to be handling those tasks going forward? The rear finish mower is wonderful out in open areas without too many "mow arounds" and it does provide a really nice finished cut. It sounds like you have removed a lot of the trees so you have likely reduced your mowing obstacles in the process.

How many hours are on your 2025R?

When do you get delivery of the new machine?

I don't think I have ever seen a 3025r with the backhoe on it........looking forward to pictures.

I didn't know they made a 3025E and a 3025R, but I will admit I don't keep up with the 3 series as its not something I have plans to add...............

Congratulations and Happy Fathers Day.............

Reactions: mark02tj

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Now that would be a true test of your wife's patience. You could handle future projects "twice as fast" with your wife on one machine and you on another...

Just curious, is the 2025r with the 60D your primary mowing machine now? And is the rear finish mower going to be handling those tasks going forward? The rear finish mower is wonderful out in open areas without too many "mow arounds" and it does provide a really nice finished cut. It sounds like you have removed a lot of the trees so you have likely reduced your mowing obstacles in the process.

How many hours are on your 2025R?

When do you get delivery of the new machine?

I don't think I have ever seen a 3025r with the backhoe on it........looking forward to pictures.

I didn't know they made a 3025E and a 3025R, but I will admit I don't keep up with the 3 series as its not something I have plans to add...............

Congratulations and Happy Fathers Day.............
The 72" finish mower will take the place of the 60D. It's primary use will be the wide open area behind the house. It isn't the smoothest and the 60D didn't produce the greatest cut but good enough for my needs. I had to run the gauge wheels as low as possible.

I went with a 3PT mower because it isn't a frame mount deck and it rides on the bogey wheels. I ended up purchasing the optional center roller as well. I think it will give a much better cut. That enabled me to get the 3025E without mid PTO, as all I used it for was for mowing.

I am still running the 2025R as of now. Dealer is checking availability of BH. It uses a 370B, which has more digging force than a 2 series 270B which was another selling point for me.

Sorry for my typo, it is in fact a 3025E not R.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I can sooooooooo relate to this. It’s why I now have a 3039R instead of the 2305 that had served me really well (until I ran into the infamous V4 diode problem, that I eventually solved due to this forum).

While waiting outside of my ”local” dealer (1 hour away) one day last year, and perusing all of the new machinery sitting outside, a helpful salesman drove up and asked me if I needed any help. Apparently I did, in the form of a new 3039R cab model, which I now have ... and love.

Like most people, I don’t typically like salesmen. But I really can appreciate one who can guide me to a good mutual decision. Which is how I got my 2305 back in 2006 as well. And I’m still happy about both decisions.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I will be interested in seeing a comparison on the FEL between the 2025R and 3025E. I have read and seen different thoughts on if the 3025E really has more lifting capability with the FEL. Are you getting the kit to remove the FEL? While you can drop the bucket, taking off the loader arms is a chore unless you get the disconnect kit that they now have out.

I keep kicking around the idea of getting either a 2025R or 3025E. Leaning more towards the 3025E which is a massive step up from my X585. Being I have a Z950R for mowing I won't need a deck that the 2025R offers. I do use it for snow removal but it is such a rare thing that I put a blower on I think I am better served with maybe a rear blower and front snow pusher. Actually I am thinking front snow pusher and rear blade. Use the pusher for the parking areas and for when I zip down the driveway use the rear blade. That said I do have a 66" CTA that could likely go on the loader. The X585 is just a FEL machine and snow removal machine for me and I would like something more capable for these uses.

Reactions: mark02tj

·
Premium Member
9,670 Posts
I told my wife about your filter excursion and noted that I need to stop by and pickup some more grease.

Her reply was "don't even thing of it buddy!"

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will be interested in seeing a comparison on the FEL between the 2025R and 3025E. I have read and seen different thoughts on if the 3025E really has more lifting capability with the FEL. Are you getting the kit to remove the FEL? While you can drop the bucket, taking off the loader arms is a chore unless you get the disconnect kit that they now have out.

I keep kicking around the idea of getting either a 2025R or 3025E. Leaning more towards the 3025E which is a massive step up from my X585. Being I have a Z950R for mowing I won't need a deck that the 2025R offers. I do use it for snow removal but it is such a rare thing that I put a blower on I think I am better served with maybe a rear blower and front snow pusher. Actually I am thinking front snow pusher and rear blade. Use the pusher for the parking areas and for when I zip down the driveway use the rear blade. That said I do have a 66" CTA that could likely go on the loader. The X585 is just a FEL machine and snow removal machine for me and I would like something more capable for these uses.
Well, according to the specs, the 300 series loader will lift considerably more than a 120R on my 2025R. It shows it lifting 66 more pounds than a 220R and 383 pound more than a 120R at the pin to full height. We shall see.

I did not get the parking stand yet. I wanted to try mowing with just the bucket removed first. My area is open for the most part. I’m sure I will eventually get it.

I did a lot of pricing at the dealer and you can’t beat the value of a 3025E. Especially the redesigned machine. I really like the instrumentation, the fuel tank, and the redesigned cup holder area. You can also get optional cruise control. Also, the addition of a backhoe was what really sold me. Take one for a spin if you haven’t already..

·
Premium Member
9,670 Posts
Take one for a spin if you haven’t already..
....unless you want to remain a member of the "I'm not getting a new tractor" thread.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts