Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,834 Posts
I hate it when that happens.
That's pretty much how I got our 2320. Traded a JD650 in.
Told the wife later, I told her it was a wash because I didn't get the backhoe with this one. She went nuts so I ended up getting the the backhoe with the 2320. (y)

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Well, according to the specs, the 300 series loader will lift considerably more than a 120R on my 2025R. It shows it lifting 66 more pounds than a 220R and 383 pound more than a 120R at the pin to full height. We shall see.

I did not get the parking stand yet. I wanted to try mowing with just the bucket removed first. My area is open for the most part. I’m sure I will eventually get it.

I did a lot of pricing at the dealer and you can’t beat the value of a 3025E. Especially the redesigned machine. I really like the instrumentation, the fuel tank, and the redesigned cup holder area. You can also get optional cruise control. Also, the addition of a backhoe was what really sold me. Take one for a spin if you haven’t already..
The numbers I am curious about in real world use is the breakout force and rollback force. I want to say it will come into play when you were maybe using it for some stump work. I know you mainly used your BH for this but if one didn't have a BH and maybe was using pallet forks or something. Or other digging in the dirt.

If you go to this site you can compare FELs.

There is a big number difference between a 300E and 300R FEL so I linked to the 300E and then you can add the 120R on a 2025R (MY 2017+) for the comparison.

Looking at the numbers, I agree that lifting height (one thing I am after) and lift capacity at full height are all greater with the 300E. However this is what I am questioning in real world use.

Boom breakout force
1704# on the 300E
1963# on the 120R

Bucket rollback force
1422# on the 300E
1659# on the 120R

Also maybe talk to your dealer to find out what it takes to install the stand kit. I think it is fairly involved. Since the FEL isn't really removable on a stock 3025E I assume you are adding disconnect for the hydraulics, then replacing the pivot bolts with pins. I assume on all of this. I don't know your yard but back when I would mow with my X585 with the FEL getting around trees was a PITA but the bigger issue is a higher center of gravity. I almost rolled the machine. If your yard is flat as a pancake maybe you are fine. Just throwing it out since it is normally cheaper and easier to get all this stuff added before you take delivery than after the fact. Personally if I went with a 3025E, I don't know that I would go with the removal kit as I really don't see a use case where I would need to remove it. It would be for FEL work and snow removal only. As I mentioned I have the ZTrak for mowing.

I agree that for the price it is hard to beat. Plus if I were to get a 2025R I would be very tempted to get a mowing deck, front blower if for no other reason for resale. This would push the price much higher than getting a 3025E where it isn't an option. While I live in MN, I have gone as much as 4 years without ever putting the blower on my X585. In the few cases where I used it, it was because it was wet heavy snow that I was having a hard time pushing and I just put it on because it was faster. A much heavier and capable machine might eliminate that need once every few years that it seems to happen.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The numbers I am curious about in real world use is the breakout force and rollback force. I want to say it will come into play when you were maybe using it for some stump work. I know you mainly used your BH for this but if one didn't have a BH and maybe was using pallet forks or something. Or other digging in the dirt.

If you go to this site you can compare FELs.

There is a big number difference between a 300E and 300R FEL so I linked to the 300E and then you can add the 120R on a 2025R (MY 2017+) for the comparison.

Looking at the numbers, I agree that lifting height (one thing I am after) and lift capacity at full height are all greater with the 300E. However this is what I am questioning in real world use.

Boom breakout force
1704# on the 300E
1963# on the 120R

Bucket rollback force
1422# on the 300E
1659# on the 120R

Also maybe talk to your dealer to find out what it takes to install the stand kit. I think it is fairly involved. Since the FEL isn't really removable on a stock 3025E I assume you are adding disconnect for the hydraulics, then replacing the pivot bolts with pins. I assume on all of this. I don't know your yard but back when I would mow with my X585 with the FEL getting around trees was a PITA but the bigger issue is a higher center of gravity. I almost rolled the machine. If your yard is flat as a pancake maybe you are fine. Just throwing it out since it is normally cheaper and easier to get all this stuff added before you take delivery than after the fact. Personally if I went with a 3025E, I don't know that I would go with the removal kit as I really don't see a use case where I would need to remove it. It would be for FEL work and snow removal only. As I mentioned I have the ZTrak for mowing.

I agree that for the price it is hard to beat. Plus if I were to get a 2025R I would be very tempted to get a mowing deck, front blower if for no other reason for resale. This would push the price much higher than getting a 3025E where it isn't an option. While I live in MN, I have gone as much as 4 years without ever putting the blower on my X585. In the few cases where I used it, it was because it was wet heavy snow that I was having a hard time pushing and I just put it on because it was faster. A much heavier and capable machine might eliminate that need once every few years that it seems to happen.
Yeah, I’m curious about the breakout force as well. Although, according to the specs the 120R on a 2025R has more breakout force than a 220R on a larger 2 series. I’ve never heard anyone say that the 120R has more “power” than a larger 2 series, ever.

As far as a blower, I use my loader way to much for a front mount. My ideal set-up would be a rear mounted blower and a front snow pusher/bucket. Best of both worlds. The dealer also told me it was a PIA to swap from blower to loader in the larger 2 series. They apparently do a lot of them for people who don’t want to mess with it.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Yeah, I’m curious about the breakout force as well. Although, according to the specs the 120R on a 2025R has more breakout force than a 220R on a larger 2 series. I’ve never heard anyone say that the 120R has more “power” than a larger 2 series, ever.

As far as a blower, I use my loader way to much for a front mount. My ideal set-up would be a rear mounted blower and a front snow pusher/bucket. Best of both worlds. The dealer also told me it was a PIA to swap from blower to loader in the larger 2 series. They apparently do a lot of them for people who don’t want to mess with it.
That is why I am curios to hear from someone with time running the newer 2025R and 3025E. In real world use what do these numbers mean?

My initial thought was also a snow pusher on the front and blower at the back like you said. The thing that people pointed out to me is where do you see snow pushers? Wide open parking lots. They are great for that because you can move volumes of snow. Where they have a shortcoming is doing a straight section of driveway. You will eventually build up so much snow that you can't push it anymore. Then it is more efficient to have an angling blade. With a pusher you have to turn off to the side and pile up the snow when you can't push it anymore. One option is put on the pusher, clear your open parking areas, then drop it and pickup a blade to hit the long straight sections. That is change over time, not that much but still something that has to be done. You could use a blower but if the snow accumulation isn't enough they may not work well plus it is a PITA to back up down a long driveway.

My thought as I mentioned a rear blade that I can get the benefit of an angled blade and a pusher up front for the parking areas and not have the change over. Probably look for a used 3pt blower as I don't really have a lot of use for it. I would have it without a lot of money tied up in it like would happen if I had a 2025R with front blower. It isn't like I have a large parking lot on my property but I have a pole barn and detached garage that are across from each other where the two aprons kind of form a large parking area where people come over. Then two other large aprons for the 3 car attached garage and the 2 car attached tuck under garage. The tuck under apron area is also a turn around for delivery drivers like FedEx and UPS. Also because it is a tuck under there is a large retaining wall along one side which means I need to move a lot of snow. If lets say we get 14" of wet heavy snow and I didn't have a chance to go out mid snow storm, that is when I need the blower today with my smaller tractor. I could do it with a bucket it just would be really slow.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had a 1023e and now have a 3032e, IMO the 300e loader is definitely stronger overall than the 120R but you can definitely tell the 300e does not have strong rollback/breakout, I wouldn't say it's less than a 120R, more strong if anything, but I think the 300e was built more for speed, it's much faster in my opinion scooping, and dumping. I really do wish for a 320R though. I haven't ever tried one yet so I'm telling my self it isn't much of an upgrade especially when you have to pay $4k+ minimum for an upgraded tractor. The 3e is short, nimble and decently strong. IIRC it may be a tad wider than a 2 series but it's shorter so takes up less space overall.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The 3025e is a machine, I dug a 50x40 basement with mine, zero issues. I wouldn’t worry about the loader disconnect, really isn’t needed. Get the rear tires loaded! I wish I had the backhoe but I have an excavator or two I can use if needed. I’ve dug out probably 20 tree stumps using my forks no issue just take your time. I don’t think there is a better value then the 3025e and all this talk on the loader specs, just use it and it works fine for the size machine it is. If you need to lift more you need a bigger tractor anyway. As far as breakout force, it doesn’t make it unusable or really limit it, just use it.

479C81FB-58C1-4D77-90BE-F2B0E83E2FA3.jpeg

4F715ADA-71EB-4053-B06F-8784633BFF55.jpeg

·
Registered
104 Posts
... If you need to lift more you need a bigger tractor anyway. As far as breakout force, it doesn’t make it unusable or really limit it, just use it.
The 3e's are basically the same "size" as a 3R, I'd consider retrofitting a 320R loader once the warranty is up :D. The specs on the 320R are waaaaay better

21 - 27 of 27 Posts