Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help finding a 1 3/4" od 7/16" id rubber grommet I have gone to home depot Autozone Napa worth w smith (hardware store) radio shack they all have 7/17 I'd but the od is to small . I'm trying to run my light bar cable from the back of the truck cab to the center console. I would run it up the frame and In a existing grommet but the cable isn't long enough. To do that

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts

·
Registered
23,048 Posts
I have the same problem finding stuff like this. McMaster-Carr is often recommended to me

McMaster-Carr

For small quantities however a good search on ebay is successful a lot of times.

I've been in a Worth Smith store a couple times in Olean - what a great store!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Try the local Hardware maybe?

The better stocked "Do it best" stores, will have a fastener aisle, with LOTS of grommets, washers, and oddball bits, that the box stores wont bother with.

The Older hardware stores, in small Farm towns, are the best bets.
We are spoiled by ours...Home appliances, to Heirloom seeds, and everything between.

Often enough,I go in, and just dig through the inventory looking for a solution, and quite often, find a gizmo I didn't realize existed.

·
Premium Member
7,816 Posts
Will 1 3/4" by 1/2" work?
If so, search ebay item 140938481499
OD is 44.45mm = 1.75" (1 3/4")
ID is 12.7mm = .50" (1/2")

Attachments

Reactions: farmgirl19

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will 1 3/4" by 1/2" work?
If so, search ebay item 140938481499
OD is 44.45mm = 1.75" (1 3/4")
ID is 12.7mm = .50" (1/2")
i got it i ended up using a rubber bushing i found at worth w smith worked pretty goo ill have to post pics on my finished set up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts