Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Getting ready to buy some John Deere 42LB Suitcase Weights to use with my recently purchased Heavy Hitch Drawbar and Dual Suitcase Weight Bracket.
I see TWO different ITEM numbers - Sold by the same sellers -
For what looks like the same 42LB Suitcase Weights - For the same price:
BG20029
and
R66949
What’s the difference?
Are they interchangeable?

Thx ahead for your input and expertise.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I bought some from Heavy Hitch when I got there 2" receiver hitch for the X758. They are located about 40 miles up the river from me in Winona MN. They were identical to the JD ones, and were 2 for $100.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Not What I Asked...

Thx for the info Firewood...
But, not what I asked.:unknown:
John Deere Suitcase Weights:
Item BG20029
and
Item R66949
What’s the difference?
Are they interchangeable?

·
Premium Member
10,976 Posts
P/N R66949 has been replaced. JD Parts describes BG20029 as "Generic".

Searching Images on Google they all look identical.

Part Number:
UC13263
Replaces Part:R66949
Part Price:59.97 USD
Description:Weight - WEIGHT, WEIGHT, 20KG SUITCASE WEIGH

Part Number:
BG20029
Part Price:64.20 USD
Description:Weight - WEIGHT, WEIGHTS,SUITCASE (GENERIC)

·
Registered
12,550 Posts
P/N R66949 has been replaced. JD Parts describes BG20029 as "Generic".

Searching Images on Google they all look identical.

Part Number:
UC13263
Replaces Part:R66949
Part Price:59.97 USD
Description:Weight - WEIGHT, WEIGHT, 20KG SUITCASE WEIGH

Part Number:
BG20029
Part Price:64.20 USD
Description:Weight - WEIGHT, WEIGHTS,SUITCASE (GENERIC)
Wow, they’ve gone up in price considerably. Two years ago I bought 8 from my dealer for $51 each.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Wow, they’ve gone up in price considerably. Two years ago I bought 8 from my dealer for $51 each.
I caught them on sale at my dealer 3 years ago for $53 and change. Regular price was around $58. You got a good deal.:good2:

·
Registered
12,550 Posts
I caught them on sale at my dealer 3 years ago for $53 and change. Regular price was around $58. You got a good deal.:good2:
I did, they let me apply a coupon that was for attachments, even though the weights technically didn't qualify. A good dealer is worth its weights in gold IMO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is it Color?

JD at one time sold same casting and weight weights painted Yellow or Green different part numbers. When I looked they were same price. Yellow was painted and sold for smaller construction line equipment. BTY I bought some black MTD weights and a can of green paint. Got a great deal on the MTD weights through Do It Best for $24.95 each and free shipping to local store which was a 30 mile trip each way. I think they had them priced wrong as everywhere else they were at least double that at the time. Their shape was at the time same as John Deere - the Deere. New MTD weights have been redesigned from what I can tell but would likely be compatible with their older (and John Deere) weights IMO. Bottom line is hard to find a deal on them. Here is an idea. You could tell everyone to get you gift cards to your favorite bix box store and spend them on weights. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thx Guys

As always...
The place to get answers, experience, and expertise.:good2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts