Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1025r TLB.

I'm not the best welder but I can do what I need plus some with a mig welder.
I'm looking to build whatever I can when it's raining or my ground is to wet. From garbage can hauler- quick connect forks.

pictures, how to's, and links would be greatly appreciated. I've been searching but haven't found much.

I will always post pictures of what I'm Doing myself also so it can help others.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I built a 10'Wx9'L land plane. Works great and modified a cat 1 trailer mover to work with my cat 2 QH

Brett
That don't seem easy lol. Got any pictures?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I came across some used forks and a back guard for $120. Just have to get time and make a design for my front forks.
My plan is to make the front forks quick attach. And also make the guard slide on and off or attach quickly so the guard don't have to stay on at all times to save a little weight.

Attachments

·
Registered
650 Posts
Some may laugh but I got a step for my 2305 from eBay. As one gets older the floor board seems to be getting higher off the ground.
So here you go.

Doug

Attachments

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I got the step as well, works very nicely for me. :good2:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Some may laugh but I got a step for my 2305 from eBay. As one gets older the floor board seems to be getting higher off the ground.
So here you go.

Doug
I got the step as well, works very nicely for me. :good2:

Can you post a link for the step?? :dunno:

:good2:

·
Registered
515 Posts
That don't seem easy lol. Got any pictures?
Shoot. Easy as taking a nap on Sunday. Took a couple hrs. Torch and welder. I just had the material on hand and made it work. I wish I had bought some taller I beam. For dirt and gravel is works excellent. When I disc my place I'll drag this over it and it gets real smooth. Ugly as a mud fence but its function over form

Brett

·
Registered
481 Posts
Nice things made by you guy's. The only thing I have made for my 1025R is paymemnts.:laugh::laugh::laugh::banghead:

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So here you go.

Doug
No laughing buddy. That just looks cool anyway. I may make one for those days I wake up and my back is killing me lol.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shoot. Easy as taking a nap on Sunday. Took a couple hrs. Torch and welder. I just had the material on hand and made it work. I wish I had bought some taller I beam. For dirt and gravel is works excellent. When I disc my place I'll drag this over it and it gets real smooth. Ugly as a mud fence but its function over form

Brett

Heck yeah. That does look pretty easy. Wish I had a torch. I've welded with a mig in a shipyard for a couple of years but never got to fit or cut. So that's going to be new to me. I consider myself very handy so I'll figure it out.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice things made by you guy's. The only thing I have made for my 1025R is paymemnts.:laugh::laugh::laugh::banghead:
I haven't even made that 😂😂😂

·
Premium Member
994 Posts

Brett

looks like your cross members tying the two I beams together are angle iron positioned like so ^ ... Is that what I'm seeing?

Would like to see more detail photos. Yeah, I'm ripping this idea off.:laugh: I like it.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
515 Posts
looks like your cross members tying the two I beams together are angle iron positioned like so ^ ... Is that what I'm seeing?

Would like to see more detail photos. Yeah, I'm ripping this idea off.:laugh: I like it.:thumbup1gif:
I'm letting a buddy borrow it now so no pics yet. I welder the three rectangle tubing across for strength. Then notched the angle iron to set just a hair under the I beam. It's just standard angle. Figured I can weld strap iron if it gets worn out. It's at an angle too and cuts great. I tried to make the hitch QH compatible but it needs some adjustment. The bottom pins are great. Just have to manually tilt the top back and pin it then tighten it back up

Brett

·
Registered
969 Posts
So here you go.

Doug
That came out nice

·
Registered
969 Posts
I have a 1025r TLB.

I'm not the best welder but I can do what I need plus some with a mig welder.
I'm looking to build whatever I can when it's raining or my ground is to wet. From garbage can hauler- quick connect forks.

pictures, how to's, and links would be greatly appreciated. I've been searching but haven't found much.

I will always post pictures of what I'm Doing myself also so it can help others.
If you hunt around the forum, you will find plenty of great work and ideas done by the members. There is a lot of talent on this forum. A carryall is a nice project. You can customize it for your needs and John Deere theme it and they are not expensive. After getting my tractor, I was switching implements a lot so I went with a quick hitch. Once winter came, I made my implements all quick hitch compatible at the same hook height. Pretty much, drilled, grinded, welded fabricated and painted all winter in my basement. It was enjoyable but towards the end, I just wanted to finish. Paid off big time, now I can unhook and hook up in a minute on any implement.

I have to do more home work on hydraulic fittings valves etc, but would love to add a hydraulic top and tilt setup this next winter.

·
Premium Member
12,610 Posts
If you hunt around the forum, you will find plenty of great work and ideas done by the members. There is a lot of talent on this forum. A carryall is a nice project. You can customize it for your needs and John Deere theme it and they are not expensive. After getting my tractor, I was switching implements a lot so I went with a quick hitch. Once winter came, I made my implements all quick hitch compatible at the same hook height. Pretty much, drilled, grinded, welded fabricated and painted all winter in my basement. It was enjoyable but towards the end, I just wanted to finish. Paid off big time, now I can unhook and hook up in a minute on any implement.

I have to do more home work on hydraulic fittings valves etc, but would love to add a hydraulic top and tilt setup this next winter.
I need to do that to my back blade, I lucked out with my country line tiller, that had two pin positions for the top link, so it matched right up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
What have I built for the tractor? Set of forks, adapted another set to fit, built two sets of hay spears, built a roller, rebuilt the hitch on a box blade, modified a rear blade, and I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting. :flag_of_truce: :lol:

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What have I built for the tractor? Set of forks, adapted another set to fit, built two sets of hay spears, built a roller, rebuilt the hitch on a box blade, modified a rear blade, and I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting. :flag_of_truce: :lol:

Any pictures of any of it? Need ideas:). Especially the forks. That's my first project especially since I found me a set of forks and a guard.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
There are pictures and videos all over, a lot here on GTT. :) I did a complete thread on the roller, one set of forks was done long before I ever knew of GTT and the other was just a hitch modification.

Oh, I also converted the loader from JDQA to JD Global hookups for the implements.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts