Green Tractor Talk banner

What applications/jobs do you use your tractor for?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please share with us jobs you accomplish using your beloved John Deere. If you do not see what you are looking for, please pick “other” and post in the comments what tasks you have undertaken with an attachment.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
I chose a couple..

Is this a hydro question , or just gleaning info question?

If hydro

I'm in for a better option to run ditch bank mower ( needs my FEL fittings and I want the FEL on)

secondly would be the circuts for the rear...I have PB....but Need Whatever the rest is to have it be usefull. I have no BH but there was one on my machine at one time. I only ever used it for a hydro pole saw and a log splitter which is long gone.
Dream would be to utilize PB as a top and tilt function thats user freindly.

Thats the areana I'm sitting in....does it fit this thread/poll..IDK

If not I will delete post as to not take this off track..thats easy.

Thanks for being here.

Dan

·
Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I chose a couple..

Is this a hydro question , or just gleaning info question?

If hydro

I'm in for a better option to run ditch bank mower ( needs my FEL fittings and I want the FEL on)

secondly would be the circuts for the rear...I have PB....but Need Whatever the rest is to have it be usefull. I have no BH but there was one on my machine at one time. I only ever used it for a hydro pole saw and a log splitter which is long gone.
Dream would be to utilize PB as a top and tilt function thats user freindly.

Thats the areana I'm sitting in....does it fit this thread/poll..IDK

If not I will delete post as to not take this off track..thats easy.

Thanks for being here.

Dan
Hey Dan! We just want to get a feel for what the community has been using their tractors for. Thanks so much for sharing options you are looking for! That is definitely information we would like to collect so we can know how to better serve the community. Please feel free to share whenever you have something for us! :)

·
Registered
3039R
223 Posts
My primary uses:
  • Snow removal via front snowblower and rear blade. So I can use both the power angling on the blade and hydraulic top link, I have a Summit manual 2-way valve on my rear SCV. I got the manual valve because I don‘t need to actuate it very often, and I did not want to deal with the wiring of solenoids. I like this setup a lot, except that the Summit connectors are VERY hard to connect, i.e. I have to push much harder on them to make a connection compared to the hydraulic connectors that come on the tractor.
  • Wood chipper on 3ph.
  • Fork lift on FEL for moving stuff.
  • Grapple on FEL. Again I use the Summit manual 2-way valve on my rear SCV to allow me to keep my 3ph top cylinder operational while also being able to use the grapple.

·
Registered
2015 1025R
166 Posts
Mostly Landscaping here - ground engaging attachments
Tine Rake, Roller, Aerating, Mulching, Landplane & Box Blade driveway maintenance, Snow removal both FEL Box Plow and PTO Snowblower, Cultivating and Scarifying, PTO Seed spreader, Root pulling, Typical Loader work and heading over to the neighbours for a pop. :D

Reactions: Summit Hydraulics

·
Registered
16,358 Posts
Mowing, plowing snow (noted above) and minimal front-end loader work.

·
Registered
X320, 3720 W/ 300cx loader, 5'ford 917 flail, CL 6' box blade, 64 massy 165
798 Posts
I chose several as well. I use my 3720 mowing, tilling, snow removal, and general farm land care.

Like @theduke I would also like to get a ditch bank flail mower. I would like to see a way to keep the loader on and switch the scv's to the rear to control the mower through the joystick. And be able to switch back and forth between the two. Mower to loader and back. A lot of times while mowing the field ditches I also need the loader to move and clear fallen trees.
Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Clearing my property, landscaping, and snow removal.

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
I'm with Dan, I would like to utilize the power beyond on my 3039R cabber' somehow. I plow snow, brush mow, move brush with forks (grapple is on my wish list) grade the gravel drive at another place with box grader and landscape rake and once in a while just take a slow putt around the perimeter of my property.

·
Registered
J.D 2038r
678 Posts
My main use of my 2038r has been snow removal with a 54"rear Frontier SB1154 snow blower with hydraulic chute control and a 60" JD F.E.L. mounted snow blade that utilizes a Summit diverter valve for angling. I also have a Frontier 60" snow pusher with back drag.

I have removed some very large trees and stumps along with some ledge and a 45' retaining wall using my 270b backhoe and front bucket .

I also have a landscape rake that has been used to help level 60 yards of top soil so far .

I have a 3 point post hole digger that so far has not been used.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
other
Pallet Forks
Hydraulic dump trailer
Rear finish mower
Flail mower with hydraulic slides
Rear mounted inverted snow blower w/hydraulic shoot
8 inch Woodmax chipper
rototiller
3039R cab tractor takes care of snow removal, lawn mowing and landscaping. 3043D does the rest.

·
Registered
‘73 830 ‘20 5075E
8 Posts
I maintain and live on timberland. Use a brush grapple with limbsaw attachment, 10” tree shear made for skid steer, mounted on front loader. Have a camera on the shear to see what it’s doing. Keeping fire breaks open is a major time consumer. There are game patches so bushhog and other pretty normal attachments abound. That’s on my 5e. Little tractor is my right hand for almost anything I do. Haven’t paid anyone for help in years. Built my own house, cut fire wood, maintain roads, ect. Utility is the right word for these tractors.
Plant Sky Wood Tree Natural landscape

·
Registered
4 Posts
Please share with us jobs you accomplish using your beloved John Deere. If you do not see what you are looking for, please pick “other” and post in the comments what tasks you have undertaken with an attachment.
Tilling: (I have the power beyond and your three implement distribution system - currently only using it for a hydraulic top link.)
Moving trailers: I have three trailers including a boat trailer. I use a trailer ball on the Artillian fork rack on the FEL to pick up the trailer and move it. I can easily put an 8' wide trailer into a 9' wide garage door. I use it to remove my dock and then pull my boat right in my front yard.
Forklift: Using the Artillian fork rack and forks.
Snow Plowing: With the Artillian fork rack mounted Artillian/Curtis plow. We get lots of snow in Wisconsin so it is really handy to be able to lift the snow up to about six feet to pile it up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts