Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been trying to poke around and see whats out there but can't find much besides frontier stuff and other janky looking stuff. What are current options for a good snow plow for a 2032R. I have edge tamers and its still tearing up my driveway. Considering adding more edge tamers but the more I think about it, it would save me a bunch of time if I could just make a couple passes and push it all off to the side instead of bulldoze it a dozen times trying to move everything with a bucket.

Would like hydraulic angle and wheel option for skid shoes as I think those would work better on a gravel driveway.

Anyone have experience with skid shoes on gravel?

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Are you looking at loader mounted or frame mounted?

Frame mounted would probably work better but that means taking off the FEL. Not hard but maybe an issue if you use the FEL in the winter and maybe have limited storage options.

·
Super Moderator
5,665 Posts
Which 2032R do you have? The Gen 1 and Gen 2 2032Rs use completely different snowplow setups unless you are going to a loader-mounted system.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have an 66” HLA 1000 hydraulic angle loader mounted plow,bought it used a couple months ago . First snow was 24” , what would have taken 3 hrs. Snow blowing , took 35 mins with the plow . My only regret was not being able to find a 72” HLA 1000 near me. The JD 2032 would handle it no problem!

·
Super Moderator
5,665 Posts
For loader mounted there are:

Deere's (Frontier) Af10F
Compact Tractor Attachments
HLA

Tar River

I'm sure there are others but those are off teh top of my head. Fisher and Meyers both make loader mounted plow setups but the plows are the same as you'd use on a pickup truck. Most people will tell you that they are way to heavy for anything less than the 4-series tractors.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I purchased the AF10F at the beginning of this snow season. My first storm dumped 16". I was able to clear 6 driveways in less than 2 hours, and even cleared an 8' wide path for fire and the ambulance to my cross street neighbors front door. She was out shoveling her walk and had a heart attack. She's fine now and I'm glad I happened to be in the right spot at the right time. The plow is well made, works perfectly, and came in at a great price from my dealer. I have also added the rubber top flap and position markers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice setup, mind sharing what that setup set you back with the top flap and markers? Did you add the urethane cutting edge?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts

$2100 with full hydraulics. The upper flap and markers cost me less than $75 total. In the final quote (which I can't find) the setup charge was removed and the blade delivered to my house. So, $2025 was the final price.

Reactions: Vinny and BigJim55

·
Registered
355 Posts
Did you add the extra hydraulic function or are using the standard on board set up? In other words are you using the curl function to angle.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Did you add the extra hydraulic function or are using the standard on board set up? In other words are you using the curl function to angle.
It’s been a while, so I’ll answer since BOBL talks about it frequently in other threads. He has the JD 3rd (mid) scv that his dealer installed when he purchased the tractor.
That means he has lift, curl, and plow angle. The third function on the JD setup is controlled with a thumb switch on handle. The handle is part of the 3rd scv kit and is a replacement for the stock ‘ball’ on the 1025r and 1023e.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Scooterman is spot on. I'm in love with the JD 3rd SCV option, and as I have said in the past, it was the best option I could have possibly added at the time of purchase. Thanks Scooterman !!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have that same blade, but without hydraulics for now. I also have a very long dirt driveway. Even with the shoes down, if the ground isn't completely frozen the shoes will start to dig and then the blade trips. For me, it's unusable when it's like this. However, once I clear a storm using the bucket and edge tamers, the blade works awesome! And, I find I dont even need to change the angle. I go down the middle, then I come back and clean up the far side, head back on the right and then come back down again. It works great, but I'll always need the bucket and edge tamers for when the base melts down to dirt, and then it snows again....think spring time and those last few snowstorms with melts in between.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have that same blade, but without hydraulics for now. I also have a very long dirt driveway. Even with the shoes down, if the ground isn't completely frozen the shoes will start to dig and then the blade trips. For me, it's unusable when it's like this. However, once I clear a storm using the bucket and edge tamers, the blade works awesome! And, I find I dont even need to change the angle. I go down the middle, then I come back and clean up the far side, head back on the right and then come back down again. It works great, but I'll always need the bucket and edge tamers for when the base melts down to dirt, and then it snows again....think spring time and those last few snowstorms with melts in between.
I've seen guys use wheels before instead of skid shoes. Not sure if that is a custom one off job or if its just something you can order somewhere. Can't seem to find anything for sale. Have you tried running the blade higher vs having to use both bucket and blade?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Depending on where you live and what's available I'd look into a plow truck. I found a 92 full size blazer a couple of years ago for 2200$. It's rough but does the job. No insurance or tabs, it'll never leave my property or be on a public road again. I get to plow with heat, music, the dog and a few barley pops. If you have a grove to hide it in in the summer then hey 🤷🏻‍♂️ why not. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts