Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to purchase a 2025r and looking at Deere’s corporate website it looks like there are discounts for joining their green fleet rewards program. It shows you can join as a silver member for free. Is this worth it or just another rewards program I’ll never use and have to cancel and the end of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
I am about to purchase a 2025r and looking at Deere’s corporate website it looks like there are discounts for joining their green fleet rewards program. It shows you can join as a silver member for free. Is this worth it or just another rewards program I’ll never use and have to cancel and the end of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:think: i think it is to give u another discount towards ur purchase of ur tractor. do u belong to a farm bureau in ur area?? that's something i think will give u another discount too. not sure on all of it-but i joined over a yr ago-in anticipation of getting a gator new.

last time i was at my dealer-getting some oil and parts-i asked the parts manager what he knew about-it-:dunno:not very much--so he walked into the one owners office and asked--they all seemed to not know anything about it.

but it was the same way when i got the free jd tool box yrs ago---all for taking a ag tractor for a test drive--which i really wanted to do:laugh: they declined me but handed me the tool box then.:lol:

·
Registered
112 Posts
We joined for the discount as well, a week after I had my tractor the dealer called and said JD didn't like the paperwork we submitted so I had to submit a heavily redacted tax return and articles of incorporation to prove we were indeed agricultural. I could have said "not my problem" but I want to maintain a decent relationship with the dealer who would have eaten that discount. Aside from that I think it provides a discount for in field repairs which wouldn't apply to me.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Supposedly the more you buy the better the discounts are, don’t remember what we got off the 2038r but the loyalty level we were at( gold I think) knocked $800 right off the top on the gator.

·
Registered
560 Posts
You can get gold for one year if you are a veteran. I simply copied my disabled VA card and that was enough. I guess I should buy more now.

Meanwhile is a 30' Grady White.

·
Super Moderator
4,886 Posts
Yeah, you get bumped up a level (and I think extended for an additional year) if you are a veteran. But the card is only good for buying equipment. It won't get you any discounts on parts or supplies (i.e. hydro fluid, oil, etc..). If you plan on buying additional implements or another tractor or a gator in the next few years, It's worth your time.

It's free. If you don't use it it just expires.

It's essentially to encourage you to buy more equipment. The more you buy, the bigger the discounts you get. If you don't buy anything it just goes away.

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
I've used it twice. Discounts are discounts.
What he said, after all, that's why we have it :good2: Not like it gets you a room with a view at the Hilton :lol:
I have saved quite a bit on parts and supplies with 10% on most everything at the parts counter.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Farm Bureau members are also eligible for discounts and greenfleet incentives, at least in Indiana.

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
What he said, after all, that's why we have it :good2: Not like it gets you a room with a view at the Hilton :lol:
I have saved quite a bit on parts and supplies with 10% on most everything at the parts counter.

:think:

now the way u saved that 10% on parts, was because u just bought a new tractor right:dunno:

if u hadn't purchased the new tractor-then u would of not had the points--am i thinking along the right lines:dunno:

as i tried to use my card for parts-but no go at my place:unknown::munch:

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
:think:[/B]
now the way u saved that 10% on parts, was because u just bought a new tractor right:dunno:

if u hadn't purchased the new tractor-then u would of not had the points--am i thinking along the right lines:dunno:

as i tried to use my card for parts-but no go at my place:unknown::munch:
Not really, when I bought my 1023 they give you Silver member status, I got the Gold from being a veteran. However, when you purchase your second Deere I was told you automatically become a Gold member because at that point they consider you a loyal customer. As far as the loyalty points that would count towards another purchase, like a Z or gator or something. Along with that you also get 10% on most parts and service related items for being a Gold status member.

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Not really, when I bought my 1023 they give you Silver member status, I got the Gold from being a veteran. However, when you purchase your second Deere I was told you automatically become a Gold member because at that point they consider you a loyal customer. As far as the loyalty points that would count towards another purchase, like a Z or gator or something. Along with that you also get 10% on most parts and service related items for being a Gold status member.
ok-i'll see if i got this right now. in order to get any % off of parts, service, etc., i need to be a gold member than. guess that ain't happening at the moment then for me. thanks for explaining what my dealer could not.:good2:

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Farm Bureau Platinum 2 level

:think: i think it is to give u another discount towards ur purchase of ur tractor. do u belong to a farm bureau in ur area?? that's something i think will give u another discount too. not sure on all of it-but i joined over a yr ago-in anticipation of getting a gator new.

last time i was at my dealer-getting some oil and parts-i asked the parts manager what he knew about-it-:dunno:not very much--so he walked into the one owners office and asked--they all seemed to not know anything about it.

but it was the same way when i got the free jd tool box yrs ago---all for taking a ag tractor for a test drive--which i really wanted to do:laugh: they declined me but handed me the tool box then.:lol:
Most, if not all state Farm Bureaus have now joined the John Deere program. I only know for sure about Virginia and a few other states so I can't say it's all states.

Farm Bureau members are eligible to join at a Platinum 2 level which is very nice. In addition to the discounts, I get an email every month with a coupon or two on things like special buys. It also got me signed up for the magazine so all in all, it's was a good deal since I was already a Farm Bureau member. Heck, if you are thinking about buying green, it's worthwhile to sign up as a Farm Bureau member because some of the discounts are pretty large, way more than the cost of the dues.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Most, if not all state Farm Bureaus have now joined the John Deere program. I only know for sure about Virginia and a few other states so I can't say it's all states.

Farm Bureau members are eligible to join at a Platinum 2 level which is very nice. In addition to the discounts, I get an email every month with a coupon or two on things like special buys. It also got me signed up for the magazine so all in all, it's was a good deal since I was already a Farm Bureau member. Heck, if you are thinking about buying green, it's worthwhile to sign up as a Farm Bureau member because some of the discounts are pretty large, way more than the cost of the dues.

Treefarmer
Treefarmer-been a member of our farm bureau here for yrs now. as we have Nationwide Insurance and by having the membership with farm bureau it helps there too.

so the coupons come by e-mail eh. didn't know that-as i'm not much on e-mail till now:banghead: i hope i can use this card even on a used gator-as long as it comes from a jd dealers lot-i would hope so. probably my luck it will have to be used on a new machine:nunu::banghead:

now what magazine are u getting from jd. the furrow? i've gotten that since 2006:hide: since i bought the new 2520. i think some one over looked me along the line:mocking:i mean i read it every month-and like it a lot. so i'm grateful for it. i still can't believe my dealer's owner knew nuthing about this when i was asking last month-jeez. i should copy and print all these posts and help em out some-huh:lol:

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
New

Treefarmer-been a member of our farm bureau here for yrs now. as we have Nationwide Insurance and by having the membership with farm bureau it helps there too.

so the coupons come by e-mail eh. didn't know that-as i'm not much on e-mail till now:banghead: i hope i can use this card even on a used gator-as long as it comes from a jd dealers lot-i would hope so. probably my luck it will have to be used on a new machine:nunu::banghead:

now what magazine are u getting from jd. the furrow? i've gotten that since 2006:hide: since i bought the new 2520. i think some one over looked me along the line:mocking:i mean i read it every month-and like it a lot. so i'm grateful for it. i still can't believe my dealer's owner knew nuthing about this when i was asking last month-jeez. i should copy and print all these posts and help em out some-huh:lol:
The discounts are only on new equipment as far as I've seen. It's a national JD program and they fund it rather than the dealers so it makes sense that JD corporate wants to sell more new stuff.

The parts coupons are for things like oil and filter specials plus items ordered from the store like toys.

The magazine was called Homestead. I suspect it's the homeowner version of Furrow but I don't know for sure. On the back cover it has:
Courtesy of GreenFleet Loyalty Rewards
johndeere.com/greenfleet

I just looked at the johndeere.com site and realized they have a bunch of magazines and it looks like you can read them on line.

I don't normally just sign up for stuff to sign up but I'm happy with the Green Fleet program. It hasn't been intrusive and will save me a little money along the way even if I don't buy any new equipment.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
164 Posts
Are you guy talking about farm bureau as in the insurance company? Or is this another farm bureau? We have out home, auto, and some life insurance through Farm Bureau and if i can get Deere discount as well that would be sweet!

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Membership organization

Are you guy talking about farm bureau as in the insurance company? Or is this another farm bureau? We have out home, auto, and some life insurance through Farm Bureau and if i can get Deere discount as well that would be sweet!
Farm Bureau is a membership organization and yes, in NC it also has an insurance company. I know in Virginia you have to be a member in order to use the insurance services and I assume it's the same in NC. I looked at the NC Farm Bureau website and it looks like you can qualify: https://www.ncfb.org/Benefits/Equipment/John-Deere

You will need your membership number- not an insurance policy number but a membership number.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
here in pa., where i live Farm Bureau is a farm place-like what Agway is. as a kid i used to go to our farm bureau on saturdays to get feed ground--but i always liked the little store they had too. always able back then to buy ur gloves, a pitch fork, galvanized shovel,etc.

IDK-how many yrs ago-that my car Insurance which is Nationwide -said if i bought a membership-they then would cut me some slack on our insurance rates-which hey poor nationwide -right. wife says its $75 a yr to belong to Farm Bureau. how much it really saves us on insurance -I don't really know for sure anymore.:dunno:

to think both my paps--and my dad -plus my one uncle all had stock in our farm bureau at one time. back then, the way i was told the more u spent there--the more stock u built up over time. my dad gave his share-or shares to my uncle(my dads half brother) to bunch his and my step-paps together. but i can't remember what my uncle had told me about that-cause some time after all that--my uncle had to sell them shares back to to farm bureau--why-at that time he told me-but now i forget-as he passed away in 07.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Having bought three new tractors since august 16 the Green Fleet Rewards really don't amount to much. On the last 1025 it saved me 150$ no big deal...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts