Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking on line for some 1025R parts and came across this picture of an iMatch in the 1025R parts section of greenpartsstore.com. I have an iMatch but not these crossed chains under it. What are they for? Thanks.

iMatch.jpg

·
Registered
12,337 Posts
I was just looking on line for some 1025R parts and came across this picture of an iMatch in the 1025R parts section of greenpartsstore.com. I have an iMatch but not these crossed chains under it. What are they for? Thanks.

:dunno:never seen a set up like that. so........maybe that fella had a extra chain there for maybe getting stuck, pulling trees out of the woods. :unknown:

·
Registered
12,337 Posts
That is the old way of controlling the swing of the 3 point arms side to side so they do not hit the tires.
:lol:after i closed my post, :think: i thought of what u just said above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^could it be for that reason:lol:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Note that the picture is not of a one series tractor...

·
Super Moderator
5,112 Posts

View attachment 651366
If you look closely at that pic, the machine has HDAP tires on it. Those chains are the anti-sway chains for the 3 point lift arms on the x700-series tractors.

Here's a video from a guy talking about the x700 3pt and it shows the lift arms with the chains.

John Deere X7 series Cat 0 vs Cat 1 Limited Three Point - YouTube

·
Registered
570 Posts
I was surprised at lack of response to the OP's question. LOL.
Not the 1025r, but here's mine with heavier anti-sway hardware.
Since that image, the bolts attaching the arms to the iMatch were replaced with factory pins.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
This is, and has been, the common way to control 3 point sway on Garden Tractor 3 point hitches.
Its old, but still used.

·
Registered
12,337 Posts
I was surprised at lack of response to the OP's question. LOL.
Not the 1025r, but here's mine with heavier anti-sway hardware.
Since that image, the bolts attaching the arms to the iMatch were replaced with factory pins.
well i learned something new from this thread for sure. i have never been around a 3 pt hitch on a garden tractor-so.........when the op said it was a 1025r--i just figured hey maybe he did carry a chain on the i-match for well...........for anything i guess. oh boy did miss this one for sure:lol::laugh:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Since my getting and using the 3PH, and beefing up the chains..while doing so I thought about adding cross-bars to eliminate all the side-to-side movement. But I'm not sure how that move would play out. Or if it would work at all.:unknown:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i learned something new from this thread for sure. i have never been around a 3 pt hitch on a garden tractor-so.........when the op said it was a 1025r--i just figured hey maybe he did carry a chain on the i-match for well...........for anything i guess. oh boy did miss this one for sure:lol::laugh:
I missed it first!

When I went the web site, I selected search for 1025R parts, and the iMatch picture came up, along with all the other 1-series parts. I assumed it was pictured on the 1-series.

Looking back, a clue should have been seeing the tool basket I bought from the same site being pictured on an orange ZTR, right in the middle of the other 1025R parts pictures.
:banghead:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts