Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People have asked what would the 24" forks be useful for. The better question is, on a utility tractor, what can't they be used for? They don't work so well for a fully loaded, evenly distributed pallet. And they won't carry as large of a brush pile. But other than that, they are the handiest suckers around and almost always on my own machine. Here's a quick video demonstration.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Got to say I love the landscape forks. I use the 42" forks when I need to move pallets and large amounts of brush, but otherwise the landscape forks stay on my 2520 - I even prefer these to the bucket most of the time! Recently I used them to pry up some sidewalk that needed to be replaced and to remove a 10" diameter stump. Awesome forks and I couldn't imagine not having them!

-Dan

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got to say I love the landscape forks. I use the 42" forks when I need to move pallets and large amounts of brush, but otherwise the landscape forks stay on my 2520 - I even prefer these to the bucket most of the time! Recently I used them to pry up some sidewalk that needed to be replaced and to remove a 10" diameter stump. Awesome forks and I couldn't imagine not having them!

-Dan
Excellent, CW, I'm glad to hear you agree. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
18 Posts
They are my primary tool as well. More torque at the tips. Good for digging things out and lifting rocks. Latest victory:

stump.jpg

Note: nature did most of the work here by blowing the tree over onto it's neighbor, but the forks finished the job easily.

And I am rebuilding a rock retaining wall:

rocks1.jpg rocks2.jpg

·
Registered
714 Posts
The landscaping tines sure make moving big stuff fun! They are even good for removing small tree stumps.

photo_zps154337df.jpg

This is an 800lb. rock
photo_zpsd7385766.jpg

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well put guys.

Another thing I really like about these tines is how much easier they are for maneuvering and just plain walking around. I never would have imagined such a difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts