Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Butt, ribs and brisket in the smoker. Chickens on the rotisserie. I'll start the smoker at midnight tonight with the butt and brisket. The ribs will go on in the morning and the chickens will go on the spit about 2 hours before we eat

20160701_100336.jpg

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Butt, ribs and brisket in the smoker. Chickens on the rotisserie. I'll start the smoker at midnight tonight with the butt and brisket. The ribs will go on in the morning and the chickens will go on the spit about 2 hours before we eat
That looks and sounds great.....What time are we eating....i'll need to plan ahead since its about a 12 hour drive..... :good2:

You did forget one important part .....smoking/grilling/cooking/drinking :cheers:

·
Corndog Hater
11,512 Posts
Nothing, at least for Saturday and Sunday. The cooking will be done for me.:good2: Menu for Monday is undecided. I need to get invited somewhere that I don't have to cook.:lol:

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
The only thing I'll be smoking this weekend is the tires as I'm burning up interstate. Nothing like spending 12 hours in the car on holiday weekend. Hope all you enjoy what you are cooking.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,220 Posts
At this very moment there are no plans to grill/smoke any thing that is food related. We'll be eating left-overs. Maybe one of the kids will bring something over for us to eat that doesn't require grilling/smoking. Wife says we'll have corn on the cob this week-end from our garden. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Got a nice slab of fresh halibut to grill over the fire pit. I'll be sitting in the shade with a cooler of hard cider making sure my frat-boy neighbor doesn't get crazy with the fireworks and light my hay field on fire. He just became a father and has stopped washing his Mercedes every week. I think these are good signs for a calmer 4th.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Smoker Temp - 217
Meat Temp - 129

I'm settling in for a long smoke. I'll be pushing the brisket and butt to 200 degrees internal temp. We are 2 and a half hours in so far. I anticipate a long stall at 160, so I'm ready for it.

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,675 Posts
Think I'll grab some ribs for a Sunday eve fireworks show.

Sent using the space-time continuum.

·
Registered
12,013 Posts
boy all this cooking and smoking has made me hungry now:eat::lol: bubber-i hope u have a good meal:good2: i don't know what the cook has decided on yet. levi-ur corn sounds good. i had some a couple weeks back-but not from the garden:banghead: the seed is still laying on my stand here. it got too wet to plant it, so maybe i'll just keep it till next yr.:laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,768 Posts
Smoker Temp - 217
Meat Temp - 129

I'm settling in for a long smoke. I'll be pushing the brisket and butt to 200 degrees internal temp. We are 2 and a half hours in so far. I anticipate a long stall at 160, so I'm ready for it.
I hate the stall part.

·
Corndog Hater
11,512 Posts
So how did it all turn out? Sure looks good!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I didn't cook this weekend...and I've had enough Brats and Chili Dogs to last me for awhile!

Yes, inquiring minds want to know! I did end up grilling a couple shish kabobs yesterday over charcoal. :good2:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Trying my hand at smoked salmon. Brother caught about 20 pounds in different spots in New York this fall, gave me a few fillets. Got a dry brine on now (brown sugar/kosher salt). Will let that sit for about 5 hours, then going on the smoker wish me luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 93 Posts