Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I had a 3046r quoted had one dealer quote a Frontier AV20F and another quote a Frontier AV20H. What are you all using with your 3 series? Looking for recommendations on which route to go.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
I have the 3046r and am using the CTA grapple. I have had this grapple for several years with no issues. Any grapple you get will be a great asset to the tractor.

Reactions: spudd74

·
Administrator
20,876 Posts
I have the Artillian, and a friend has the CTA. If I was buying today, I’d look at he CTA or EA Wicked.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
When I had a 3046r quoted had one dealer quote a Frontier AV20F and another quote a Frontier AV20H. What are you all using with your 3 series? Looking for recommendations on which route to go.
EA Wicked/single lid. Never had a problem with it.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I have a 55” EA wicked root grapple, very strong and light weight.....only wish would be on jaws of lower grapple part, wish they were a little longer forming more of a “ledge” for grabbing things

Reactions: Akovia

·
Registered
3039R
164 Posts
I have an EA Wicked 55" on my 3039R.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I use a CTA 50" on my 3033R. Works great.

Reactions: spudd74

·
Premium Member
3,234 Posts
I have a CTA 50" grapple on my 2038R now. started with it on my 1025R. had for four years and last summer used it a lot. No problems.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
CTA 55" for 3046R and 2520. I like the heels on the grapple for back dragging and ability to insert 1/2" rebar in lower tines creating 2x4 inch sieve.

·
Registered
3046r
2 Posts
I run the AV20H on my 3046r. It's fantastic, 61" wide, it's perfect for the trails in my woods.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
those mentioned are excellent grapples.

you may find something from a local shop that could possibly save a little money. If you try this route, just look for good quality steel, in a style you like. I looked for grease zerks at the pivot points, there are a few models out there that just pivot on a bolt with an open hinge, I would probably stay away from that design. I live in the Carolinas and got mine from CID, very beefy and checked all the boxes I was looking for.

I recommend ordering one with the correct hoses and couplings already installed for your tractor if you can. I think it would be disappointing to get your new grapple home and not be able to use it until you bought a few more parts...

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have the Artillian, and a friend has the CTA. If I was buying today, I’d look at he CTA or EA Wicked.
Any specific reason you would not go with an Artillian again? I was looking at those partly because i have limited storage areas so being module I could find more places to store it in the winter.

·
Administrator
20,876 Posts
Any specific reason you would not go with an Artillian again? I was looking at those partly because i have limited storage areas so being module I could find more places to store it in the winter.
Not really, I have no specific reason at all. I just really like the CTA design and the wider lid it has. The Artillian is certainly a nice unit too, and has served me well.

Reactions: DBCSteve and Hagak

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you for all of your responses. I like the CTA design and setup, price is competitive as well so will probable go that route.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good to know information, thanks for the heads up on this. Wonder why they don't come with them?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts