Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1025R needs a lil bit of coolant added to the tank. Manual says to use Cool-Gard, I only have Cool-Gard II. Anyone know if this stuff is compatible? I looked online and some people are saying Cool-Gard is obsolete as it required additives, and CG2 replaces it with no need to add anything unless test strips indicate the need for it. My JD dealer is closed today or I'd just call and ask them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Fully compatible. As long as you don't have the green in there.

Reactions: Andrew.CaerLuna

·
Premium Member
16,962 Posts
Fully compatible. As long as you don't have the green in there.
Oddly, a lot of the tractors come with green coolant from the factory and Cool-Gard / Cool-Gard II is pale yellow.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
The early One Series came with the green coolant and the requirment to change every two years just as my old 445 did. I converted both to the Cool-guard II by flushing with wated twice and then doing a final flush with distilled water. One Gallon of concentrate diluted with distilled water finished the job. My Brother-in-Laws 1025R came with the Cool-Guard II and the six year service interval I don't know when they made the change.

Reactions: 99f250

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
The early One Series came with the green coolant and the requirment to change every two years just as my old 445 did. I converted both to the Cool-guard II by flushing with wated twice and then doing a final flush with distilled water. One Gallon of concentrate diluted with distilled water finished the job. My Brother-in-Laws 1025R came with the Cool-Guard II and the six year service interval I don't know when they made the change.
Just flush it well removing the block drain plug. I put heavy duty diesel coolant of the red variety. Works perfectly.

john Deere 1025R
loader
backhoe
47 in tiller
47 blower
5ft landscape rake
10 KW pto generator
Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
I’m pretty sure my 1026R came with a yellowish coolant. I am sure it never had green coolant. I probably should change it as I never have . I topped it off with some coolant that said it was for any color.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I believe coolgaurd is all the 1 series came factory with but I could be mistaken. 👍🏻🙂

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have had mine a little more than a month. Big puddle of yellow stuff under the front . Never got hot. No water in the recovery btl. Down in the radiator about 2 inches. Just a little unhappy at this point. Hope my JD dealer will pick it up and fix whatever is wrong. I don't have a big enough trailer to haul it the 16 miles. I would think it should be a warranty issue!

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
3,501 Posts
I have had mine a little more than a month. Big puddle of yellow stuff under the front . Never got hot. No water in the recovery btl. Down in the radiator about 2 inches. Just a little unhappy at this point. Hope my JD dealer will pick it up and fix whatever is wrong. I don't have a big enough trailer to haul it the 16 miles. I would think it should be a warranty issue!
So long as you didn't put something through the radiator, I'd guess it's a warranty covered item. Buy it new?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well got my little sockets out and checked the hose camps. Bottom on right side real loose. The rest I gave a few cranks as well. Now to find some JD antifreeze on a Sunday Christmas weekend. Stuff isn't cheap. Is what it is. Thanks everyone. I hope that was my antifreeze leak!

·
Registered
2020 1025R
810 Posts
Well got my little sockets out and checked the hose camps. Bottom on right side real loose. The rest I gave a few cranks as well. Now to find some JD antifreeze on a Sunday Christmas weekend. Stuff isn't cheap. Is what it is. Thanks everyone. I hope that was my antifreeze leak!
Sounds like a nuisance, but quick/easy fix nonetheless. I bought a new Mustang GT a few years ago and one of the radiator hoses was leaking right off the dealer lot with 5 miles on it. One new clamp later (which I did myself) and it was all good to go. Shizz happens.

Best,

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sounds like a nuisance, but quick/easy fix nonetheless. I bought a new Mustang GT a few years ago and one of the radiator hoses was leaking right off the dealer lot with 5 miles on it. One new clamp later (which I did myself) and it was all good to go. Shizz happens.

Best,
No luck on the JD antifreeze today. Monday will do!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Went to my JD place. Told them my problem about the hose clamps being loose and lost most of the antifreeze. General manager was nice enough to give me a gallon of the stuff. Nice people to deal with.

·
Registered
2020 1025R
810 Posts
Went to my JD place. Told them my problem about the hose clamps being loose and lost most of the antifreeze. General manager was nice enough to give me a gallon of the stuff. Nice people to deal with.
That's pretty good customer service. Looks like you found a keeper for a dealer.

Best,

Reactions: bagman808

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
99.99% sure all coolants are compatible today. There's always that .01, but I've never seen it or heard about it.
There are many variations of antifreeze used by different makers. Mixing them can sometimes result in serious problems. If you aren’t sure it’s best to stick with OEM branded products. Read the labels and check for compatibility.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts