Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my 60” auto connect today and bent parts on the front bracket. I think I know what happened though.

My memory is that the front bracket on the deck stays down parallel to the ground. This time it was sticking up in the air and I think the loader caught it and bent it over center. The main bracket is ok I think i hammered a slight bend out of it. There is a shaft and a small bracket that I will have to replace.

My question is what happened? There was quite a bit of grass around the bracket base. Did this make it not lay flat? Should I not have the loader on when removing it?

·
Premium Member
15,087 Posts
For me I do not remove the MMM if I have my FEL on ... I can only remember 2 times in past 7 or 8 yrs of having fel and mmm on at the same time .

What caused your issue :dunno:

FEL :dunno:

·
Premium Member
13,889 Posts
The park stand for the loader catches the front draft arm, you’ve just joined a list of people who have bent that stop by trying to remove the MMM with the loader attached. This was new to me with my 2025 since I had no issues with my 1023, but I got lucky and noticed it without bending anything.
In summary, you cannot do this with the 2025R.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The park stand for the loader catches the front draft arm, you’ve just joined a list of people who have bent that stop by trying to remove the MMM with the loader attached. This was new to me with my 2025 since I had no issues with my 1023, but I got lucky and noticed it without bending anything.
I am in the bent-it club. :(

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
62 Posts
What happened?
I have taken off the deck on my 2025r multiple times with the fel on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,889 Posts
What happened?
I have taken off the deck on my 2025r multiple times with the fel on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On a lot of them the park stand catches on the mower front draft arm. I actually can take mine off with the FEL attached, but it rubs the draft arm a little.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
The same thing has happened to me on my 2025R. For a reason I can't explain, I removed it a couple times with the FEL attached with no issues but on the third time it bent the bracket that holds that front arm in the correct position. Now I place a heavy piece of steel on that front arm so that when I back up the parking stand on the loader will clear it. It seems simpler for me to do that then take the loader off just to drop the deck.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the answers, sounds like a common problem.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I fixed it last night. About $82 in parts. I forgot how to put it back together so it took 1 hour doing it wrong and 5 minutes doing it right. All is well except I’m $82 poorer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts