Green Tractor Talk banner

5121 - 5140 of 5240 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,007 Posts
Heck, I could do, and did, everything I do now with a 318 and a cart.
I used to could.

If I tried that crap now, the doctor and hospital bills would be more than my equipment cost.

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
This is gonna make some of you jealous 😂. Conquered lifting my new spare set of R3+ Radials out of the bed of my truck. 500$ Score!

IMG_20200213_154946.jpg

·
Registered
21,563 Posts
This is gonna make some of you jealous 😂. Conquered lifting my new spare set of R3+ Radials out of the bed of my truck. 500$ Score!

View attachment 727234
But...but...but...it looks like you already have radials on your tractor......

·
Registered
3,793 Posts

View attachment 727234
Wow, nice! So, you paid somebody $500 to drop them off of the back of the truck?

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
My dealer had a golf course customer that bought a large 2 series and didn't like how it tore up the course and had him order a set of turf R3's. These have maybe 5hrs on them. Dealer just wanted a little cash to buy the employees lunch for a while.

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
My dealer had a golf course customer that bought a large 2 series and didn't like how it tore up the course and had him order a set of turf R3's. These have maybe 5hrs on them. Dealer just wanted a little cash to buy the employees lunch for a while.
Sweet deal! Let me know when you get tired of staring at that pile of money.... ;-) Keep them covered in the barn.... Don't let them get weathered!
Sincerely

·
Registered
21,563 Posts
Long time ago when I had a dealer here I had quite a few of the same experiences. Every time I went to town I stopped in to check the bone yard and to say “hello”.

I think the best deal was a 272 finish mower. It was on an off-color trade in that had just come in that day. I asked Dave if they were going to sell the mower separately. He asked if I wanted to take it with me - how about $350?......Load it up!

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Sweet deal! Let me know when you get tired of staring at that pile of money.... ;-) Keep them covered in the barn.... Don't let them get weathered!
Sincerely
There already up on my mezzanine in my shop. Tucked away nicely

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
What did i do with my mcut today...well I went out in the cold rain and looked at it to make sure it was still dry then went back inside to the warmth of the pellet stove.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I pulled all of the tposts out of the garden today, then I remembered that I had a tractor!

All of the rain made the ground soft enough that I could pull the tposts out by hand. It was a little soft to get the tractor on it, but not so bad that it caused major problems.

It was easy to pull full depth

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I had a friend once he had two tabs welded on the side of his bucket. He would get the T-post in the tilt the bucket to clamp the post and lift them right out. He had a 2 inch pipe with a cap welded on the other side and with a bucket full of gravel could push on right into the ground

·
Registered
206 Posts
Had a stretch of warm, dry days with some sun so things are drying out. Finally had a chance to take care of the ruts and tracks that were created over the winter. Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Amazing what a few passes with the driveway grader/land plane can do.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
But...but...but...it looks like you already have radials on your tractor......
chuckle....when i was a kid working in a gas staion back in the days of full service i had a customer that had a beautiful 57 T bird, this was in 1962. Then in a couple of days he was back with another of a different color and i asked him why he had two 57 birds. He answered he had three but only drove one at a time keeping the others on blocks in a garage.. This guy i found out was a local judge and liked 57 birds so he bought three. Maybe BIG likes MCUT tires? Or he wishes to have a spare set at a bargin price when he needs them. Trouble with that is tires have a limited shelf life even if stoired in climate controlled environment.

·
Registered
21,563 Posts
Trouble with that is tires have a limited shelf life even if stoired in climate controlled environment.
That’s where I have problems with my pickup tires - they will always expire well before I have 1/2 the tread gone.

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Well the real reason is I'm gonna need front tires in a yr at best. I drive around in 4wd allot. Entire property is a grade. Some steep, some areas not so steep but still has a grade to it. I was talking about getting new front tires and my dealer told me about the ones I bought. Still probably cheaper than buying just new front tires only, that is if I could even get them new from Deere. Some of you guys are rolling around on 12 yr old tires. At the rate I'm going I'll need rears in 5.:LOL:

·
Premium Member
11,035 Posts
That’s where I have problems with my pickup tires - they will always expire well before I have 1/2 the tread gone.
Or they develop serious tire cracks while still having lots of tread.

·
Registered
21,563 Posts
Well the real reason is I'm gonna need front tires in a yr at best. I drive around in 4wd allot. Entire property is a grade. Some steep, some areas not so steep but still has a grade to it. I was talking about getting new front tires and my dealer told me about the ones I bought. Still probably cheaper than buying just new front tires only, that is if I could even get them new from Deere. Some of you guys are rolling around on 12 yr old tires. At the rate I'm going I'll need rears in 5.:LOL:
Or they develop serious tire cracks while still having lots of tread.
I think it was year 9 or 10 that my front tires went bad. Couldn’t find any leaks until I sprayed the side walls - a dozen or more bubbles.

At that point I would have purchased the radials for all four if there was such a thing for my size.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Well gee wizz, don't you know your supposed to get a new pickup before that happens? For the price of a set of good tires you could make a down payment on a new truck with new tires! Aint that a no brainer??😊

5121 - 5140 of 5240 Posts