Green Tractor Talk banner

5481 - 5483 of 5483 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Was able to dig up a few stones I found around the edge of the property. Don’t know what I’m going to do with them yet but I like them :):)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you don't want them put them on Craigs list or Offer Up. People will pay for those. And you have a way to load them in their truck. But those have some value. Not a lot but they will be gone and you will have beer money.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I was going to install an old brake controller on mine for when I move trailers. My land is mostly flat. But I could not find a good place to mount it. After thinking about it I realised I almost never use the brake pedal anyway. So I am going to hook up a relay to the brake light switch. Then mount a plug at each end. Also I have large battery connections on each trailer and my truck. I will install one on the front as I have a spare. That way when I move them the batteries will get some charge time. But with a relay if it starts to get away from me I would hit the brake out of habit and the trailer will get full brakes. If that gets too violent I have one of those adjustable resistors from back in the early days of hydraulic trailer brake controllers. I could install that. But as I said I almost never need the brakes. So I think when I do full brakes will be OK. The reason my trailers all have a heavy battery connections vary. On the RV it allows me to run my fridge on the inverter when towing. on my tilt deck it allows a smaller winch battery. And on my dump trailer it quick charges the battery between loads. They don't hook up a charge line on them as the dump function will blow the charge line fuse on the tow rig. The winch on my Tilt deck would do that as well without the big line when the winch is operated. If I start towing those with other vehicles I will install a STDP relay that when energized disconnects the charge line from the tow vehicle. I am going to hook up a charge line like that to the dump trailer today as my brother will use it and his truck has no big battery connection. And the long cables to the truck battery are not cheap to add. So that is what I will be doing to my Mcut today as well as some other things. I just got the dump trailer last weekend as there are good deals now. Mine was $1000 less than a few weeks ago. It's a 5x10 7k PJ brand. That's enough for personal use.

·
Registered
539 Posts
It's already 83 degrees today at 1 pm. I thought when I got up today I'd till my garden, so I did. I had put a fertilizer and pre-emergent down at the end of February, and I sprayed the yard last week, including the garden spot. My thoughts were to till up what few weeds are still showing. The pre-emergent has done a good job, there wasn't nearly as much stuff still in the garden, just a little henbit, which has started curling up from last week's spray. I tilled long ways, then did it again the short length. I'm not ready to plant yet, will wait a couple more weeks and will till again just before planting so I can lay off my rows and plant in moist dirt. I use the tiller's skids to lay off my rows, I just overlap to get the distance between rows I want, usually about 30 inches. My tiller is about 55 inches from skid to skid and tills a 50" path and is a reverse rotation tiller.

I made a short video:

5481 - 5483 of 5483 Posts