Green Tractor Talk banner

5521 - 5521 of 5521 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Nice interesting history. My place is only a little farm house for a little 7-1/2 acre farm made 100 years ago. When I get time and oomph, I uncover some of the original work and enjoy it. The foundation walls are hand-fitted stone with a crumbling grout on the inside wall. We call the basement "a river runs through" as the water slowly comes in on the high side and goes out on the low other side. I would love to stop the river. Unfortunately, it has been so wet that it hasn't stopped for almost 2 years, not even in winter. Well, what used to be winter.
Lots of rocks left by the glaciers. Many were dug up to clear the fields. That is where all the stone walls come from. I have been picking up the smaller ones in gardens and piling them for use someday.
With only a 2032R my forking capability leaves something to wish for. Still, there are ways for the creative minded. I have a relatively big one I want to split so I can get it out of the hole. The really big one gets to stay where it is, unless I can con someone with a really big machine to move it for me. Summer, and I hope dry weather, is coming. We'll see what I can get done.

5521 - 5521 of 5521 Posts