Green Tractor Talk banner

5581 - 5598 of 5598 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
That’s my thought as well. If it was $75 I would have one on the way already.
I'm with you on that. I looked at them as well because I'm tired of carrying my chainsaw on the floorboard of my tractor. A few months ago I decided I was going to make one. I thought I'd use some 1/16" steel plate lined with HDPE sheets on the inside to protect the saw. I just never got around to making it but someday I will give it a try. Mentally I got stuck on how I'd anchor the HDPE to the steel. Thought about trying epoxy but wasn't sure it would hold. This thread has got me interested in giving it a try. If I do, I'll report back.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Mine will be doing some land clearing after the L110 mows for the first time this year. All it did yesterday was move the new dump trailer out of the garage after a week of the linseed oil drying on the new side boards. It was under the 4 post hoist with the older Vette on it. So it had to come straight out so as not to knock the car off. But the space in front of that door that is straight is not much. The truck couldn't put it there or get it out. I welded receivers to my Frontier fork attachment and my quick hitch. So I can pull from either end. But only the front will work in this case. The dump trailer is only a little over 7 feet wide and a little over 14 feet long so it's pretty easy. I put my tilt deck there when it was new. Same reason new linseed oil on the deck boards to dry. It's 8 1/2 feet wide and 22 feet long. It was tricky. The posts are only 9 feet apart. The door is only 9 feet wide. It's a large hoist so my truck will fit on it. Also the only road trailer I have that is a 2" ball is the new dump trailer. All the others are 2 5/16". I don't have a 2" ball mount. I do have a turn over ball for my Weigh safe hitch. That will work on the truck. No scale but that trailer just needs to be loaded even to balance. It will work on the tractor too. But I made a mount on the front of my tractor for a handy ball mount. So I got a 3 way one for that. The only other 2" hitches I have are my cement mixer and my log splitter. I have a ball on the L110 to move them. But now the 2025R can move them too.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
305 Posts
Somehow my solar charger for my L110 was unhooked over winter. So a new last year battery is probably toast. Had to drag it out and jump it with the 2025R. But my holder designed for the 2" drop drawbar works fine with the new 3 way drawbar. Well time to mow the lawn.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
More about what I'm going to do with my MCUT. Had to dredge out the edge of my pond with my new to me Bobcat E35. Traded my old Bobcat 325G in. Gotta say I love the zero tail swing and a bit more hydraulic power. Unfortunately I am going to have to rent a big boy again to get the remainder. What I did today will buy me a yr before I'll have to get a full size Excavator.

I'll let the mostly sand/leaf muck dry for a week and use the 2032r to move it to an undetermined location. Oh tilled the garden, planting this week sometime.

IMG_20200405_134159.jpg
IMG_20200405_135054.jpg
IMG_20200405_135057.jpg
IMG_20200405_143151.jpg

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
That 4th picture is a sight for sore eyes. Wow that's pretty. I can see myself, flyweight rtgt and you sitting in the gazebo enjoying some adult beverages.

Beer6pack.gif

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Yes sir! I got plenty of beer, y'all are always welcome to stop by (y)

You ought to hear the nature musical every night. I love it!

We would have been under water a couple months ago when we had a bunch of rain. Allot of silt comes down stream and settles in the narrow area of our pond when we get a good rain.
IMG_20200206_164038.jpg

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have had an issue with the ballast block I found in the bushes when we moved here, it interfered with the draft arms when I raised it more than 6 inches off the ground. Well, trolling through craigslist last night, I ran across a JD 2020 for sale with the same block. And then I had my bonehead epiphany moment when I noticed he had his turned 180 degrees of how mine was hooked up, and had no clearance issues. So I swapped mine around today, not sure why I never thought of that. Works much better now, and I got two of the compost bins consolidated into one and the third one turned.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yeah its a brush clearing fire. But a fire is a fire and calls for whiskey.

There is no way that Jack found it's way to the cupholder without spilling... I've tried!!! There is only one way to solve that!

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Who puts down a glass of Jack?

·
Registered
305 Posts
There is no way that Jack found it's way to the cupholder without spilling... I've tried!!! There is only one way to solve that!

Cheers!
I found that way.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Only if the fire gets out of hand.. or it's empty
I can operate the tractor with one hand.

·
Registered
305 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
Was clearing trees and boulders at my kids place
with the 2038R and the 55” Wicked Root Rake Grapple. Amazed what I get done with this machine. Every one of the boulders you see in these pics I dug out of the ground and piled up like a stone wall. What a beast!!

·
Premium Member
8,441 Posts
More about what I'm going to do with my MCUT. Had to dredge out the edge of my pond with my new to me Bobcat E35.
Unfortunately I am going to have to rent a big boy again to get the remainder. What I did today will buy me a yr before I'll have to get a full size Excavator.

I'll let the mostly sand/leaf muck dry for a week and use the 2032r to move it to an undetermined location. Oh tilled the garden, planting this week sometime.
Eventually I am going to have to do the same. For now I just get what I can with the backhoe.

The muck usually takes a month or so before it can be moved, and several months before it can be spread.

5581 - 5598 of 5598 Posts